• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spektrum DX5C programming question

oldnick

I've wired up reverse lights to my crawler, and want them to come on whenever I go backwards.

Can anyone help or recommend a guide how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Get one of these from Hey'OK Performance:

Al at Hey'OK makes every good electronics, they are worth every penny!

Thanks @Devwon and @Greatscott , I've arrived at an acceptable solution with the bits I had to hand, the Hey,OK thing looks great (and I've bookmarked his site) but I'm skint :(
I chose to use Aux 2 channel, switched on and off by switch C, substitute your own values.

1. Go to mixing on the menu. Scroll down to mix 0 and click on it. This will open a screen with master/slave/rate etc.
For Master select Throttle, for Slave select Aux 2, for Rate select -100% +0%, for switch select C (two position [0][1]), for Trim select Inhibit.

2. Go to Aux Assign. For Channel select Aux 2, for Input select Inhibit.

This got me reverse lights, but they only came on with quite a fast reverse. To improve things;

3. Go to Sub Trim. For Aux 2 scroll to +100.

For my nano switch linked to above it is triggered at about 45/100 showing on Aux 2 on the monitor screen. By chucking maximum sub trim at it the resting position of Aux 2 is moved to 29/100. This means the throttle only has to get to about -15 to trigger the reverse lights. Not perfect as the mix only links the reverse throttle and Aux 2 as a mirror of each other, whereas I want ANY reverse to trigger 100% Aux 2.

Stay tuned for the next thrilling instalment... or just buy the Hey,OK brake/reverse/driving light controller!

Hahaha, we chose the wrong hobby as I'm also skint and quite miserly. Glad you're able to make it work with what you had!

Back