• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

smogs BOM

The chubs and knuckles in my build are made by Junfac. I believe they are a branch of GMade. apparently some SSD parts made for the SCX10.2 will fit, but I cant personally confirm this. I have only used the SSD front shock hoops.

I don't know that there are any mandatory updates. I often upgrade my front steering parts beacause I like the quality of aluminum not because its necessary. Others may chime in with a different experience

Yep i think junfac and Gmade are the same company.

Looks like a solid kit with not much upgrades needed.

Except maybe for the diffs issues, but i should keep this thing as a slow crawler with 3S power max...

Well it's been way too long since I updated this build. It got shelved for quite some time and now I have tinkered on it enough to get it running and start dialing it in.

I made a new front bumper. The other one was terrible. This one runs pretty wide to approach body width, but is nicely tucked in. This one ain't pretty either, but it suits the the aged look of this thing.

The paint is a hot mess. I wasn't happy with it either so i keep adding on to it. Now it's the 'Juicy Fruit' truck. Juicy Fruit likely ran with the most perverse jingle on 80's TV. The ads were action packed. Outdoor sports and hot chick's with big hair and glossy lips kept ya titillated.

Partially complete with motto's

6b40774b163bad57256165253c97b2ee.jpg
e7359f38390af41896458c2ab365266c.jpg
e82c27d2a1cb0342d3cd21735b8e6d07.jpg
9e4a61f58af3fb50454b707a06125d1e.jpg
58fb933289614ab7d4958e904ad01482.jpg
9cbb66b9ecdecae3632e67775e492b3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

The electronics are all the cost effective options.
HW1080 brushed esc
Holmes Crawlmaster sport 13T
Standard DS 25kg servos.

As can be see, she's a two speed. The gearing difference is significant.

I have the front shocks reasonably dialed. The rear canti's need more damping yet. I have TLR 100wt silicone shock oil in there but still need more damping. Likely going to swap out the pistons at some point.

She is wired and can be lit front and rear. Basic white headlights and red tails.

Wheels and tires will be changed out. These are just place holders.

My sweetheart put biscotti and coffee beans in my stocking. That's why I love her...

3e556f44fca327e37920b5990e4f7c2b.jpg
4d8e27a256389325ca4126901c6d8c36.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. I'll be honest, I was singing the old jingle in my head as I read the words on the body. Lol

Seeing this put a big smile on my face. Yes, I did grow up with the Juicy Fruit ad/commercials back in the day and I can still taste the sweetness of the gum!

The details are fantastic as always. You mentioned the paint being a hot mess, but I think it is all spot on for the look that it has. And I do like the look of the front bumper. It fits the front nose well.

Seeing the "comp stance" coffee mug once again reminded me that I still need to pick one of these up. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'm sure it'll hold my beer!:)

[emoji1] Thanks guys. Yeah B, the paint has definitely grown on me. It started off with a clear vision but the idea got muddier as i went along.

The jingle is insanely catchy. I have been singing it off and on since I started this paint scheme. I have sung it around others who have since cursed me for putting it in their heads...lol

I

As for the 2 speed, I ended up getting the newer 1080 (G2?) for my Gmade Buffalo. I use one of the twist knobs on the top of my GT5 radio to adjust the drag brake on the fly. I can keep it full brake when in low gear, and turn it all the way down when using the “really quick” high speed. Works great.

As for the 2 speed, I ended up getting the newer 1080 (G2?) for my Gmade Buffalo. I use one of the twist knobs on the top of my GT5 radio to adjust the drag brake on the fly. I can keep it full brake when in low gear, and turn it all the way down when using the “really quick” high speed. Works great.
That's a good way to set it up. Mine it currently bound to the radio that came with the fordyce. Looks like the extra channel is a three position switch.

Back