• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Shocks to use when removing the cantilever setup

Welderman85

Hello all I picked up two used cr01s. I tore them both down for rebuilding. One is going to be stock the other I have been thinking of ditching the cantilever. I like the the look of the internal spring shocks but un sure if brands and length. I would like it a little lowered. Both trucks will be more trail / basher trucks than crawling. Than you

Lots of options there, really could go on all day.

Best place to start is to set the truck to the ride height you want, measure the distance between the 2 mounts you plan to use, and then find that size shock. Usually come in 10mm increments - 70mm, 80mm, 90mm, etc.

I use Gmade shocks on one of my rigs - 90mm, though 80mm is probably a better fit. I've made some standoffs that bolt to the chassis to give me a few more options as far as shock lengths. You're kinda limited to shorter shocks just using the holes in the chassis.
38881502415_b8868233e8_b.jpg

Better look at the standoff, this time with a coilover shock. Just some scrap aluminum drilled to match the existing holes in the chassis.
39054501354_a05693da12_b.jpg

OR go full bore fun and cut off the cantilevers and do a divorced coil setup.
28001813859_5d22c6ab46_b.jpg

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Thank you for the Ideas I think I will try the last one first. I have a few questions in the third pic are those stock shocks and how did you space them out from the frame. Thank you

Back