• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo spline count.....what to use where...

Charlie-III

I wanna be Dave
OK, I didn't find a single thread but bits & pieces here & there.

For "standard sized" servos (Futaba 7955 as an example) (1.57" x 0.79" x 1.50" or for the rest of the world 40mm x 20mm x 38mm), the below is a guide on spline count.

23 splines: KO, Airtronics/Sanwa, JR, ACOMS, Solar, EXI.

24 splines: HiTec, RCD, Apollo (plus some Tower/Hobbico as HiTec makes them)

25 splines: Futaba (newer), Savox, (plus some Tower/Hobbico as Futaba makes them), traxxas 2075 digital waterproof servo, HPI, HobbyKing-BlueBird, some TowerPro [mg995], RC4WD

SOME INFO FROM SERVOCITY (11/3/2013)

Hitec Servo Splines

Futaba Servo Splines

The micro/mini servos are different, thus servos used for shafty dig units, servo digs (for MOA's) and MRC steering is a seperate issue.

If you find a correction, or want to add, feel free to do so.8)

Note: some of this came from here.... RC Groups - View Single Post - expert servo arms

"Servo Database"...... 1st page is so-so, click on the brand you're looking for at the top of the page for more info on that brand... Servo Database - RC Servo Specs and Reviews

if its not already on here, stock Losi LNC pn LOSB0812 is 23 and wraith/axial AS-2 is same as HiTec 24

Good clamping servo arm/horns:

Decent = GH Racing aka Golden Horizons... TowerHobbies.com | AdvancedSearch Results

Great = Robitronics.... Ultra reliable servo arms - Modellbau und Modellautos & Robitronic Machined Aluminum Single Sided Servo Horn (Short) (Grey) (24T-Hitec) [RBOR17021G] | Radios & Accessories - A Main Hobbies

Garbage = Integy (stripped 2 quickly on a HiTec 7950, they also had rubbing issues that tore up a servo.)... Billet Machined Alloy Servo Horn 24T for Hitec Servo (r=20, 24mm) for R/C or RC - Team Integy

Running 2 or more servos off a single RX channel??? May want to look at this... Boosted Servo Extensions

Last edited:
do you have any info on the mini/micro's. Ive been looking for some horns for a micro savox

do you have any info on the mini/micro's. Ive been looking for some horns for a micro savox
I have some, but not as much since I don't use them. I was thinking of adding a bunch of those as well though.

The supplied link has some micro servo info.

Thanks for looking.8)

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure when i bought my hitech servos for my shafty rig with a hitect 225 for dig servo it was the same horn for both my 7955 and 225........bob

Thanks for posting this and keeping it up to date! Has helped me a ton!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Thanks for posting this and keeping it up to date! Has helped me a ton!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif
No problem, glad it helped.

Thanks for the feedback.

When I get a chance (along with everything else..... :roll:..... ;-)) I will add smaller servos as well (like used for 2 speed trans, etc.)8)

As I've stated before, feel free to make comments, add info, dispute info, as time goes on.

Back