• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo questions

Snowflake

Ok I have searched some threads with no luck on this subject. What I want to know is if you have a 7.2 volt battery is it 7.2 volts in the servo? I heard really briefly that it's from the ESC. If it is in the ESC how do I find out how many volts go to the servo? Also if I get a servo with the same volts as my ESC do I still have to run 2 batteries? I think their is another way to go about it but I am not sure. Thanks for any of your help.

To verify that, you could put a voltmeter on the + & - pins of the port labelled BATT or AUX on your receiver.

Or, you should also be able to Google the specs for your esc.

Just to clarify:

Your servo (and receiver) are powered by the internal BEC on your ESC (unless you're running an external BEC).

You don't need to run 2 batteries, just one to power your esc.

Ok cool I have a TRX-4 Bronco do I have to run an external BEC if I get an upgraded servo? From the posts it is an under powered servo. Is it better to do this?

Depends on the ESC you plan to use and the servo you plan to use. Its all very subjective.

Ok cool I have a TRX-4 Bronco do I have to run an external BEC if I get an upgraded servo? From the posts it is an under powered servo. Is it better to do this?

Best bet for the money is Hobbywing WP1080 ESC, CCBEC, and if you're going to stay with crawling spend the money to buy a good servo ie, Hitec HS7950TH. "thumbsup"

Yes, run an external BEC. The question is, are you going to run just the steering servo of off the BEC or all the servos and receiver?

Yes, run an external BEC. The question is, are you going to run just the steering servo of off the BEC or all the servos and receiver?

I'm thinking I will have the external BEC only running the servo. Just disconnect the power from the ESC/BEC so the servo doesn't have two power sources.

Back