• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Scx24 shock mount ideas

Afterbang

Pebble Pounder
I put deadbolt rear links in the front of my jeep, and I think it's a bit long. I'm planning on swapping rear links up front and deadbolt links out back. With the dead bolt links there's only one place to attach the shocks and they're pretty much vertical.
Granted, they are the stock shock, but I seem to have lost quite a bit of travel and it doesn't seem to be binding anywhere. I've got some double barrel socks, if planned on putting on it.
Long winded explanation, vertical what other options are there for mounting shocks? I've still got the stock frame rails, tho some of the pictures I've seen look like they frame rails had the same holes front and back, mine does not.
Thanks!
02a95e9af06b1438a4b05886128710ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I drilled holes in the frame rails after I 4-linked my c10. Then I cut the battery tray and used those small “holes” from it to attach my aftermarket shocks from the other side while using the screws included with the shocks.

I drilled holes in the frame rails after I 4-linked my c10. Then I cut the battery tray and used those small “holes” from it to attach my aftermarket shocks from the other side while using the screws included with the shocks.
Awesome! I think that was about my best idea. Did you have trouble centering the holes?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back