• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX24 fender rub...upgrades/lift options

I put smaller tires on mine, they are off an RGT model. I made these wheels but there are plain black ones that come with them. "thumbsup"

50688313858_b9512b9cbf_c.jpg

Hello all,

First post here. I recently purchased a SCX24 with the Chevy C10 body. It is my first RC car in probably 20 years. I honestly purchased it because I am too scared to take my brand new truck off-roading, so I figured why not do it with an RC car in the comfort of my living room lol.

Anyway, I am experiencing heavy rubbing in the front fender area when turning, which I am reading is a common issue with the C10 versions. The suspension coil springs also seem on the very soft side and seem to almost be halfway compressed from only the weight of the truck itself.

I am wondering what options I have to eliminate the fender rub? I am looking to start by purchasing a set of Hot Racing shocks, but I'm not sure if this will help to lift my truck a bit? Or, do I I have to trim the wheel wells no matter what?

Looking forward to being a member here!

Thanks
If you haven't already don't it, right out the box on my new c10 I just trimmed the edges of the wheel well and made it flat with the bottom of the bumpers and rounds them again to make it look like nothing's been changed. It helps alot with stock tires but the bumper does sometimes get in the way when rock climbing and grab the tire. Might end up making a tubular, or angle cutting the ends of the bumper for clearance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back