• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 ii clone chassis (Injora): 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ scale build

Hey Marcod, are you still running yours? I've been getting a lot of use out of mine, but I'm just wondering how you're finding the front axles? Mine has developed a lot of slop/play left to right and I'm wondering how yours is holding up, if you have an issues with it or if you've done anything to alleviate it.

Mine are completely stock still (running cantilevers at the rear), but I'm thinking that maybe changing out the rod ends and balls might help. I'm not too concerned about it as it doesn't really seem to be an issue in my actual use (mostly trailing, gunning it through giant puddles and messing about in the mud).

The only breakage I've had on mine so far is the plastic bumper got a split in it due to a silly accident I had, I was doing some tinkering with the thing powered up on a table, someone knocked on the door and as I put the controller down I hit the throttle sending the chassis off the table nose first into the floor.

I have to say this has been a good intro tiny trucks for me. I'm half tempted to get one a genuine scx10.2, and mish mashing the parts. I like my configuration of running a big battery up front, but wouldn't mind having low play steering along with a panhard to reduce bump steer. I'm not sure how much running a panhard would ruin the geometry with the stock injora servo location.

Edit: I've just noticed from your pics that yours appears to have brass balls up front, mine appear to be plastic. I haven't actually pulled them apart to check, but they are black.

Last edited:
Hey Marcod, are you still running yours? I've been getting a lot of use out of mine, but I'm just wondering how you're finding the front axles? Mine has developed a lot of slop/play left to right and I'm wondering how yours is holding up, if you have an issues with it or if you've done anything to alleviate it.

Mine are completely stock still (running cantilevers at the rear), but I'm thinking that maybe changing out the rod ends and balls might help. I'm not too concerned about it as it doesn't really seem to be an issue in my actual use (mostly trailing, gunning it through giant puddles and messing about in the mud).

The only breakage I've had on mine so far is the plastic bumper got a split in it due to a silly accident I had, I was doing some tinkering with the thing powered up on a table, someone knocked on the door and as I put the controller down I hit the throttle sending the chassis off the table nose first into the floor.

I have to say this has been a good intro tiny trucks for me. I'm half tempted to get one a genuine scx10.2, and mish mashing the parts. I like my configuration of running a big battery up front, but wouldn't mind having low play steering along with a panhard to reduce bump steer. I'm not sure how much running a panhard would ruin the geometry with the stock injora servo location.

Edit: I've just noticed from your pics that yours appears to have brass balls up front, mine appear to be plastic. I haven't actually pulled them apart to check, but they are black.

OGTrout, I have done a little basement running but haven’t had the chance to take it outside yet. Been busy during the year so far but with Christmas around the corner I’ll have a week or so off. Glad to hear all that you broke so far was the bumper! In terms of the steering play you have I wasn’t aware that the balls used in the rod ends were plastic! Mine certainly aren’t. I was going to upgrade mine to the Traxxas style ones, part number: TRA2742.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OGTrout, I have done a little basement running but haven’t had the chance to take it outside yet. Been busy during the year so far but with Christmas around the corner I’ll have a week or so off. Glad to hear all that you broke so far was the bumper! In terms of the steering play you have I wasn’t aware that the balls used in the rod ends were plastic! Mine certainly aren’t. I was going to upgrade mine to the Traxxas style ones, part number: TRA2742.

As I said I haven't actually checked and I'm currently away so I'm unable to, but they're definitely ain't brass looking like yours! (I'm also kinda doubting in my head that they're plastic, this is more thinking aloud)

I've ordered a set of the traxxas ones so we'll see how we get on when I'm back. Thanks for the part number "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Mine is just arrived. I will check and compare with my Element Sendero and Hobao DC1. At a first glance, the shocks are so narrow, but the chassis doesn't look so cheap (compared to a WPL). I will rebuild it and add some grease and try to fit an 550 motor. I'll keep you posted. "thumbsup"

Here’s whats inside the axles:

Generic scx10 ‘cvd’ shafts up front:
a7554fef5ddd5e599ccac42279a62ae8.jpg

AR44 shafts in the back:
dd6f335bcc67290de1e403b98e5df8da.jpg

WLToys 12428 diff with locker:
52dcf3b57d2d48df1c9daa9b204825ee.jpg

c0e9f786e755c3ee07a093253d74f5da.jpg

e4028af6f8c3fa0709bc37bec18a6940.jpg

f47022af2262c75840822d3cb1d7e6eb.jpg

7f277ab216a8f07e6e22e7c4c37f7a7c.jpg

The diff runs on the wrong width bearings too. Needs to be 0.5mm wider to eliminate slop thats probably causing the stripped gears everyone is complaining about. Will update this when I rebuilt the lot.

Shimmed the bearings and its almost perfect.

Replacement ring and pinion gears are dirt cheap at least.

I’ve run my Austar rig maybe 3 times in the yard and its getting worse every time I run it, lol.

Well it’s been forever since I have updated my build!

I’m really happy to see all the activity in here of people chiming in on their Injora chassis’!

I FINALLY got started back to building mine. With all this COVID-19 crap there really was no excuse to continue the build!

My body was waiting patiently for the paint that I selected. Tamiya PS-63, bright gunmetal. I painted the fender flares and bumpers black and coated it with Tamiya’s Flat Clear PS Paint. Came out really nice!

The Axial Cherokee body fits the Injora perfectly and will be mounted with some magnetic body mounts. The majority of the body is done: I just need to add the door handles, red ‘Sport’ trimming (edit: added), rear light buckets and then add some LEDs to it. Overall, really impressed with the quality of the body and look forward to driving it on the chassis- finally!

Stay tuned for more and thanks for following along :)

2fc8908211759df8daa9bcefa9f6f069.jpg

735631e9cb0323dd28a53d61a1cafddb.jpg

8db1815574f4e7256cbf53837bd7e978.jpg

7a35ea2b63ff7682400dd0405ae888df.jpg

Last edited:
Really happy with how it’s turned out so far. I just positioned the magnets in place and they are now drying with some shoe goo. Hope it holds! Will see tomorrow morning :)

9ce1c17517dcbabe155dc54a4ba1da4f.jpg

fec5bf3a285e943ad7b5ecf74444176a.jpg

Hello,

Nice rig, how does it drive ? Any updates ?

I also got a clone chassis with some cheap land rover body. Ordered new axels to move the steering servo down on it to improve steering.

Keep us updated clone's owners "thumbsup":ror:

Hi, Happysoul.

It’s funny you mentioned! Took it out yesterday, just around the yard a bit. A while since I last drove it. Runs great! I noticed a couple of the screws started to oxide on the heads (not from my doing as these were installed from the factory, and I cleaned my rig after I ran it).

Body and paint also holding up great too! Really a fan of this Tamiya flat PS paint covering the black portion of the body. I thought it would easily get scratched and wipe off but it’s very resilient!

Back