• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 Deadbolt Aluminum Links Help

Hey everyone,

I wanted to purchase a set of Axial SCX10 Aluminum Links from Axial. They have three sets: The 11.4",12", and 12.2".

The Deadbolt has a 12" wheelbase, but on the option parts page for the deadbolt on Axial's website it has the 12.3" set.

I was hoping someone could guide me on which the correct kit to buy for my SCX10 Deadbolt. Will the 12.3" be fine, or do I have to get the 12" and vice versa? Are both fine?

SCX10 Deadbolt:
Axial Racing - SCX10
11.4":
Axial Racing - SCX10 TR Links Set - 11.4"(290mm) WB
12":
Axial Racing - SCX10 TR Links Set - 12.0" (305mm) WB
12.3":
Axial Racing - SCX10 TR Links Set - 12.3" (313mm) WB

Thanks guys!

The Axial aluminum links that come in the G6 kit with the 12" wheelbase say 6x98mm on them. I struggled to find this info when trying to buy aluminum links for my sons Deadbolt as well! The steering links are shown in this pic as well. 6x106mm and 6x33mm

a820edd2ebdd4be2bb686f71d606268e.jpg

Eat Sleep Jeep

The links needed are 98mm for the lowers and 91mm uppers, that's if you're running the stock four link truss.

I just fitted these to my deadbolt, and at $15 per end thats pretty cheap.

Rock Krawler 4 Link package for Axial Jeep Rubicon

Your gonna check em out and say but they are for the longer Rubicon Jeep.

They are BUT read on.

All I did was buy two sets (as above) allowing me to 4 link the front and rear, then I simply sliced 3-4mm off of each plastic ball end. Theres still more than enough for the grub screw to get a strong fix and BOSH you've got Ally links, great brand and half the price of Axial's."thumbsup"

It takes the 305 set. 12" wheelbase. I have them on my deadbolt.

Product page for 12" is the only one that mentions Deadbolt.
Agreed on the manual - it definitely isn't the best manual I've ever read ;)

deadbolt_links.JPG

Last edited:
Can always make the links to. Quarter inch threaded rod and brake line tubing. traxxas rod ends for a revo. Cost about 25 to do my friends honcho and sometime

Back