• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10 4-link question

jammindriver

Pebble Pounder
The Honcho "kit" comes with alum links...is stock a 3-link or 4-link setup?? If only 3-link, can I get the 4-link truss only? Or do I have to buy the alum upgrade kit for it even though the rig kit is already including the aluminum links??

Stock is 3-link "wishbone". The 4-link truss does not come with the aliminum link kit. You should have it in your Honcho kit, my RTR came with 2 4-link trusses.

I don't know if the kit has changed but mine didn't come with the 4 link truss. While where on the subject can someone tell me the advantage of a 4 link over a 3 link thanks.

I don't know if the kit has changed but mine didn't come with the 4 link truss. While where on the subject can someone tell me the advantage of a 4 link over a 3 link thanks.

I think the 4-link keeps the rig from tilting to the side when the motor torques. I think there is some additional stability also.

My Dingo came with 2 4 link trus'
jammindriver, you are correct. It reduces torque twist and, IMHO, has more useable articulation... it's not so sloppy.
If
You want to 4 link and don't have the parts, upgrade now.
R2J, DMG, Dinky and a few other's make much stronger and more adjustable versions. Check out the venders section. The DMG has a new 4 and 3 link with built in panhard bar anchor points... very nice.

you can just drill holes in your servo plate and make your own upper links for the front, and find another servo plate at your lhs or one of those 4 link plates for the rear and make your own rear links. much cheaper if you like to tinker

you can just drill holes in your servo plate and make your own upper links for the front, and find another servo plate at your lhs or one of those 4 link plates for the rear and make your own rear links. much cheaper if you like to tinker

I do like to tinker, but I'm also a little type-a when it comes to uniformity...if one pipe is grey, well by gosh, all the pipes have to be grey. Maybe I can make my own using Axial pipes though. Will def consider.

My Dingo came with 2 4 link trus'
jammindriver, you are correct. It reduces torque twist and, IMHO, has more useable articulation... it's not so sloppy.
If
You want to 4 link and don't have the parts, upgrade now.
R2J, DMG, Dinky and a few other's make much stronger and more adjustable versions. Check out the venders section. The DMG has a new 4 and 3 link with built in panhard bar anchor points... very nice.

Since I am a total noob, could you explain "panhard bar" or give me a pic?

I did purchase the DMG 3 link truss with pan hard but i'm not sure if I want to install it because I also purchased the Hand Bros CMS

Jammin: if you get/have the KIT of the honcho. You will have to buy a 4link set up from one of the manufactures listed above. The plastic axial truss as a option part (dont have the part# on had for you sorry).

The RTR honcho/dingo comes with the 4link truss as an optional part included in the box.

As for a Panhard, it is to provide lateral support to the axle. Have a read of this if you're keen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panhard_rod

Jammin: if you get/have the KIT of the honcho. You will have to buy a 4link set up from one of the manufactures listed above. The plastic axial truss as a option part (dont have the part# on had for you sorry).

The RTR honcho/dingo comes with the 4link truss as an optional part included in the box.

As for a Panhard, it is to provide lateral support to the axle. Have a read of this if you're keen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panhard_rod

Thanks much!

I do like to tinker, but I'm also a little type-a when it comes to uniformity...if one pipe is grey, well by gosh, all the pipes have to be grey. Maybe I can make my own using Axial pipes though. Will def consider.

do the whole thing! uppers lowers, back and rear, and steering! I'm awaiting a 4 link plate for the rear to 4 link it as well :)

I recall reading that some people used the same length tubes top and bottom with the stock axial 4 link piece which I think is bs. The aluminum links for my son's dingo are 91mm on the bottom and 60+20mm on the top. The plastic spare links that came in the box were too long (longer than the stock bottom links).

It was a little tricky to find this info when I was looking for a way to use the parts that came in the box.

4-linking the truck was worth it. My son can't turn too sharp and roll the truck like it would with the 3-link set-up. It's much more stable.

As for using the servo plate in the front..... In my AX10 I counter sunk the holes and used the tapered screws and mounted the links on the bottom. (I just looked at the link above, very similar but I used different screws) The scale scale in the roof rack is pretty cool :)

Last edited:
I dont have my kit yet, so maybe it will becomemore evident to me then, but can someone explain why I can't simply use a truss to 4-link the front end a well?

Back