• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCR Crawler build

SCRcrawler

Not new to RC’s I build and race 1/28 scale and have had 1/10-1/8 scale but this will be my first crawler!

This is my planned build, feel free to pick fault and offer better alternative parts or options

Capra kit
HW Axe 2300kv
Futaba CB700
Proline big bore shocks
Part time hobbies skid
Vanquish Method 2.2
Proline Hyrax 1.9
Proline dual stage foams
Vitavon brass 3rd members
Vitavon brass portal covers
Vitavon brass knuckles
Vitavon alum gear box
Vitavon CF panels
SuperShafty link riser
SuperShafty servo mount
TGH 21/14 (mild)

Now that’s my initial build list I initially looked at alum axles but not sure on the form over function as see arguments from both camps!

The last decision is I didn’t know if to go 4WS and source another Axial front axle, does anyone have the full parts list for converting to 4WS (obviously aware changes the part list above)

Hello mate, in the UK too..

Personally, I wouldn't bother with the 3rd member weights nor the rear steer just yet. As to which direction you go depends completely upon usage - Crawling only, crawl / trail, trail... Mine is for crawl only so overdrive front, weighted, flat skid (don't want to start the arguments!), etc. Then I have lowered / trimmed the tranny , made a lower battery tray - only use 850mah 3s on it, and modified the steering amount / throw.

The oem tranny is lighter than the vitavon, but it is a very nice unit.

Motors wise I only run Holmes Crawlmaster Pros so cannot comment on the Axe system but understand quite a few folk use them...

Have fun!

^ Not too far from me then I’m Bedfordshire!

Thanks for the advice ����

^ Not too far from me then I’m Bedfordshire!

Thanks for the advice ����

Not too far at all..

Was just reading something re motors, a 2300kv system puts you in the 27T 3 pole motor or 13t 5 pole areas. The Capra is geared quite high as standard so I would say that would be ok for trail and a bit of crawl, but you may want lower for crawl only.

That said, I have a Holmes PullerBL stubby rated at 2250 iirc waiting to go on a truck as per recommendations from the man himself.. But cannot comment yet...

Back