• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rubicon vs C/R Edition - differences?

Reyhn

Hello!

I have been wanting a crawler for a year now, and I really like the way the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited C/R Edition looks. However, I want a kit, not a RTR, in order to enjoy building it from the ground up.

That's why I'm thinking of getting the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon instead.

As far as I can see, these are the same trucks, with the difference laying in the upgrades. The Rubicon has some Axial upgrades, whereas the C/R has Rigid-lights and all electronics. The specs seem identical.

My question is: Am I correct in believing that these two editions are fully compatible? I.e. that I can make the Rubicon look exactly like the C/R?

Since I'm new to crawling and Axial, I'm just worried that I'm missing some well-known fact.

Thanks for your help!

PS. I could not find any similar thread, so please direct me if this is a duplicate. Searching for "C/R" is really hard, actually... DS.

Yes they are the exactly the same truck just the cr has the rigid lights and the tactic servo. advantages with the kit are that you get aluminum lowers and steering, icon shocks and the hardtop. All parts are interchangeable between the 2 its just a fancier looking body. I suggest the kit if you like building and already has aluminum upgrades.

^^^^^ Is correct. Just fancier sponsored body, servo, different wheels and tires but still glued wheels, and the light bar. So basically it's just a matter of price and intentions for build. You can also build your own suspension links for all 8 pieces for like 15 dollars. Revo rod ends, 8/32 all thread and 1/4" aluminum sleeve. Good luck.

Like someone said above the kit comes with upgraded suspension links and shocks. You can make your own links like most people do, so the rtr was my route just because it came with all electronics ready to go, where the kit you have to supply all of your own electronics.

Thank you very much for your answers! I really appreciate it!

A slightly off-topic follow-up question: The body is made of "polycarbonate". What paint do I use for it? Is it the same as for lexan bodies, i.e. Tamiya PS-series?

Yep! Tamiya PS are the correct paints. Ask about differences in standards, flourescents, metallics, too. Many folks use incorrect paints for their intended applications and often blame the paint. Be sure to wash the inner body with a little liquid soap n water prior (and dry thoroughly). Paint will adhere properly that way. Mist on light layers at a time and let dry in between layers. Remember patience and planning out your paint scheme is key. Take your time... this is a fun hobby, enjoy it! ...and post pics!

PS. I could not find any similar thread, so please direct me if this is a duplicate. Searching for "C/R" is really hard, actually... DS.

The easiest way of doing this since the search here doesn't accommodate it is to go to Google and enter "c/r" site:rccrawler.com in the search bar.

Yep! Tamiya PS are the correct paints. Ask about differences in standards, flourescents, metallics, too. Many folks use incorrect paints for their intended applications and often blame the paint. Be sure to wash the inner body with a little liquid soap n water prior (and dry thoroughly). Paint will adhere properly that way. Mist on light layers at a time and let dry in between layers. Remember patience and planning out your paint scheme is key. Take your time... this is a fun hobby, enjoy it! ...and post pics!

Very, very great advice! Thank you!
I have a few weeks' time before I receive the kit, so I'll research paint in the meantime. And try to decide what color(s) I should use. That's the hardest part., I guess :)

The easiest way of doing this since the search here doesn't accommodate it is to go to Google and enter "c/r" site:rccrawler.com in the search bar.

Ooh! Thank you!

Back