• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Roof racks

ianxzie

Hi there.

So my gf has a scx10 II (kit) with a D90 Killerbody as shell. Now she gets a little addicted to driving her crawler she wants to add details.
So i've been searching the internet for an roof rack.
From the brand Killerbody I cant find a perfect fitting roof rack. So my question...

How u guys do that?
Can any roof rack with the size just fit on it?
How to attach it to the body?

All tips are welcome!

Friendly regards;-)

Welcome to the forum.
As long as the mounts on the rack, fit within the outlines of the roof of the body; ot will work. Installation depends on the mounting system of the rack.
Usually requires a bit good eyesight, a marker and something to drill the hole. Or some even clamp.

What material is the body you have?
Have you looked at the killerbody roof rack for the Toyota lc80?

Last edited:
I've successfully put the Axial SCX10-II Cherokee rack on a couple of different shells. They come with a mounting strip for inside the body. Best part about it is at around $18 new, if it doesn't work out you haven't lost too much and could probably trade it for something of equal value, or just hang on to it until you find something it will fit on to.

A lot of RC manufacturers have roof racks they supply as standard or as optional extras. The benefit of these is, they are sized to fit the particular vehicle.

Just about every aftermarket manufacturer/seller has roof racks that may be model specific but generally they are generic and you pick a size that looks like it will fit the body you have.

One thing, a lot of them are metal and this can add a lot of weight up high, where you don't want it. For trailing, probably not a huge issue but if rock crawling, the weight will change the handling to the point it can make the rig frustrating to use. Also, what's a roof rack without accessories strapped to it. More weight.

They do look cool on a scale rig with a bunch of scale accessories strapped on.

Those answers i've been looking for.
Metal roofrack is a little too high price.
Thanks for the info about sizes and mounting.
So I'll have a look at those lc80 roof rack and the scx10 cherokee rack.

The body is made out of abs. Mounting holes will not be a problem.

Thanks all! I will reply with the result later on. Any item tips are still welcome ofcourse.

Back