• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rjohns Tekno U4/crawler

Awesome build bro! I have a Tekno on my table that I haven't run in a bit... haven't even thought of modifying it till now... "thumbsup"

Thanks man! I gotta go back in and fix a few things and probably switch out the electronics but it runs pretty well.

I'm going to switch over to a Monster X and castle sensored 1512 1800kv. I think the selectable drag brake would be perfect for this. While I'm in there I have to shim the diffs and I'm going to fully lock all 3. Bam!

I think this has potential for something... LOL.

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 678
  • IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 688
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 680
  • IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 655
Re: Rjohns Tekno U4/crawler "Dark Side"

Almost. Wish they did something else to it to separate it from the RC8. I guess it's just a typical rebodied current car just like all the manufactures do.

Wondering if they left the center diff in or locked it out? I like the cage design tho.

But holy smokes! How did I miss your conversion. That thing looks sweet and the cage work is perfect!

Last edited:
Re: Rjohns Tekno U4/crawler "Dark Side"

99% there. I think I'm going to rework the rear shock mount eventually but it'll do for now. I have some more springs on order that are a little heavier then what I have here since it weighs about 13lbs

Holy smokes!!! I think you need a TQ for that!....thing not a castle!

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk

Great looking truck John! I've been peeking here for a couple months, hoping to find more pictures, info...maybe video:)
I've also had a Tekno sct410.3 sitting on the shelf for a while. I bought it for my son because he was getting in to racing at a local track. Then a few weeks after we got it all put together the track closed:(. So I made it into something fun!

Running Mamba Monster X and Gool 2000kv motor. 3s ...and carefully 4s. (On 4s it'll do an easy standing backflip on pavement:))
This thing is fast and a blast! It jumps and lands better than any RC I've owned...it's so lightweight and smooth.

Last edited:
Great looking truck John! I've been peeking here for a couple months, hoping to find more pictures, info...maybe video:)
I've also had a Tekno sct410.3 sitting on the shelf for a while. I bought it for my son because he was getting in to racing at a local track. Then a few weeks after we got it all put together the track closed:(. So I made it into something fun!

Running Mamba Monster X and Gool 2000kv motor. 3s ...and carefully 4s. (On 4s it'll do an easy standing backflip on pavement:))
This thing is fast and a blast! It jumps and lands better than any RC I've owned...it's so lightweight and smooth.

Awesome! Glad I'm not the only one to hack up a perfectly good Tekno!

Russ [emoji6]

Back