• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat TC8 Marksman - Overdrive/Underdrive

JimK

Rock Crawler
I'm picking up a new Redcat TC8 Marksman tomorrow. I plan to keep this rig pretty much stock and use it as my everyday "trail basher" so to speak. I will do the usual suspension and steering mods to improve the steering and I would also like to either overdrive the front axle or underdrive the rear axle. I've been watching all kinds of videos and snooping around online but can't seem to find overdrive/underdrive gearing for this thing? This is my first Redcat so it's all new to me. This rig has the Redcat XR247 axles. If anyone can point me in the right direction on this I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance. Jim

You could always swap the front axle for a ar60 the redcat 247 axles if i remeber right uses 43/12 gears the same as axials underdrive gears that would give you 2 overdrive ratio options plus all the upgrade parts available for the ar60

There are no OD/UD options that I am aware of. I was hoping that Gen8 gears could fit in the axle, but the 247's gears are not compatible. If you could shoehorn in some kind of transfer case with some OD built in, that might be your best bet. I'm not aware of any offhand, but I'm sure there's one out there somewhere.

I ended up swapping over to AR60's and never looked back. Far better steering, loads of options, and yes indeed OD up front and UD in back. Wasn't a hard swap at all, and 100% performance improvement. My Wendigo is one of my best performers. It's not a cheap swap though...axles, brass goodies, and the gears were almost as much as the kit. Thankfully, I had most of it laying around.

The 247 axles are way beefier and good axles, I ended up moving them to my SMT where they are much more at home.

My Wendigo...there's a thread here somewhere on it. It was decent stock, but it's a beast now with a few changes:
20200907-084507sm.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll drive it like it is for now and head in the direction of the AR60 axle swap sometime in the future.

Thanks again, Jim. :)

Back