• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Everest 10 or Barrage EXC

Running full droop without adding internal springs under the shock piston is not ideal. On hills the rig will unload and can flip it over (or at a minimum take traction away from your uphill wheels and raise your cog). Not sure if just removing the springs is better than the stock setup, probably depends in part on the terrain you are running on.
Full droop is the way to go with a bone stock e10 for sure the cemter of gravity is so high on the e10 it roles way more than when in droop also the droop stops the majority of the torque twist thicker oil in the shocks help too those 2 mods realy wakes up the e10 i say it just about doubles the performance of the rig right out of the box with out spending a dime

The next best mod is to wait the front end ether the wheels or the axle when i did mine i mounted tire waights to my front axle and a few on the rear just to help keep the wheels down

You can fine tune it later with suspention mods new shocks new or reworked skid plate maybe a new ax10 chassie these free mods will just improve the rig but to go to the next leval you have to spend some money

Stock tire trimmed and sipped i played around with the pattern a bit but these work reaky well on a hot day any more trimming than this and they suck this is were i found that they work good

SvOeRE8l.jpg

This tire was over cut and dident work at all maybe in the sand but that would be about it

lXZvz7Xl.jpg

Last edited:
Full droop is the way to go with a bone stock e10 for sure the cemter of gravity is so high on the e10 it roles way more than when in droop also the droop stops the majority of the torque twist thicker oil in the shocks help too those 2 mods realy wakes up the e10 i say it just about doubles the performance of the rig right out of the box with out spending a dime

The next best mod is to wait the front end ether the wheels or the axle when i did mine i mounted tire waights to my front axle and a few on the rear just to help keep the wheels down

You can fine tune it later with suspention mods new shocks new or reworked skid plate maybe a new ax10 chassie these free mods will just improve the rig but to go to the next leval you have to spend some money

Stock tire trimmed and sipped i played around with the pattern a bit but these work reaky well on a hot day any more trimming than this and they suck this is were i found that they work good

SvOeRE8l.jpg

This tire was over cut and dident work at all maybe in the sand but that would be about it

lXZvz7Xl.jpg

I agree it sits too high in stock form. I went partial droop for one of mine and shortened the shocks on the others.

Meh, I think there are definitely situations where the height of the truck can be an issue, but going full droop isnt always the best solution, otherwise you would see more trucks come from the factory set up that way and no one would be running springs in any kind of competition. A big downside to droop suspension is that you will constantly be getting hung up on the belly pan. The other big downside is a full droop truck is ONLY good on rocks. Any kind of trail running or speed, and it gets annoying always riding on the bumpstops (so to speak)
IMO, A better setup is adding fuel tubing on the shock shafts (outside the shocks, not inside) to limit flex. I have about 1.25" of tubing on each of mine and find it crawls so much better. Its just too flexy in the stock setup. it flexes so much that it gets itself stuck, which I imagine would only be worse if you simply remove the springs and call it a day. When I got it I put the softest springs on, but am considering changing to stiffer springs come spring when I pull out my crawlers again.
Droop setups can work well, if properly set up, but are not always the answer.

Back