• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat e10 / gen 7 axles, turning radius questions

ericfx1984

So I have a belly dragger that I'm building and currently I have the axles off of a redcat e10... The cool thing about this is it was very easy to set up four wheel steering

I'm the only thing I've really done was ground off the steering stops on the axles

It doesn't turn particularly well in two wheel steering but does very well when four wheel is activated

What I am wondering is what would happen if I swapped in ar44s or gen 8 portals? Or perhaps the injora metal axles that looks similar to an ar44? And what about injora's plastic ar44 clone axles?

If I go to a more modern axle is it really worth it to set up four-wheel steer? I've been told that they steer better.. or would it just be better to go with a modern axle and a dig transmission?

But I am wondering is will any of these axles steer better than the four-wheel setup I currently have? I know that all of them will offer more clearance overall

the xr mod has about the same steering angle as the ar44 however the ar44 is much more compact and the housing is so much smaller
ive been told the trick set up is the ar60 up front and a ar44 on the rear so thats what my e10 evolved in to

juzt a note you dont need the beeftubes inserts for the xr mod just use a file and make groves

Back