• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Ascent Crawler

cul8tr

Quarry Creeper
Looks cool.
Red body is 1 piece.
Blue body is 2 piece.
Underdrive gears included stock is 0%, 10% and 20% option.

I had to go look it up. Hadn't seen it yet. Not something I'm after, but it appears to check some performance oriented boxes, and at a redcat price point. I'll be interested to see how it's received, but for $300 it looks like a winner to me.

Red body looks similar to their Kaiju monster truck from a while back - like an unlicensed Datsun 620 pickup, pretty sweet!

The COE hauler is INSANE, definitely some engineering put in that release!

Yeah the 53 COE is cool. It uses servos to lower the truck to the ground. Neat concept for loading and unloading.
I also thought the Ascent body looked liked the Kaiju.
I got on the email list for when they are available. The blue 2 piece body.
I just hope their plastic is better, stronger, durable.

https://www.redcatracing.com/collec...calers-rc-trail-trucks/products/everestascent

It specs out nicely. No mention of an angled skid that I can see. The under drive options are nice to have in the box. Forward motor mount, I assume low. I did not notice any pics of the chassis on the website.

Excellent price point. Be interesting to compare its performance to a scx10.3 pro

Edit, found the chassis pics. Didn't scroll far enuf

Last edited:
I really dig the COE, and a good run for the trx hauler.
I just hope their plastic is better, stronger, durable.
Since early ‘19 my sons gen8 has faithfully served him well with only a broken front bumper and a rear axle, bent shock shaft which was at the same time. Just last month have taken it apart to clean and rebuild which as been submerged, beaten, dragged, pushed, loaned out and mostly neglected other than hose wash and air compressor dried. It just kept going…

I really dig the COE, and a good run for the trx hauler.

Since early ‘19 my sons gen8 has faithfully served him well with only a broken front bumper and a rear axle, bent shock shaft which was at the same time. Just last month have taken it apart to clean and rebuild which as been submerged, beaten, dragged, pushed, loaned out and mostly neglected other than hose wash and air compressor dried. It just kept going…

I agree I have a 1st run gen8 it's been a tank I also have a redcat blackout that's almost 10 years old and hasn't broken 1 piece of plastic well ok the front bumper did break but the thing dose 45mph not a rocket ship but that's fast enuff to break a plastic bumper when it hits a curb lol

The Everest 10 on the other hand was brittle but still lasted a long time the axles were even used on a second project after about 5 years of abuse and still ran smooth

Axial on the other hand before horizon they had rubbery soft plastic the links were like noodles there axles would deform in the heat allowing the gears to strip out and I'm sure we all remember the broken Capra and ryft axles

Videos on this rig have been quite impressive. I haven’t been a fan of Redcat, and I don’t want a rtr, but I believe this Ascent will be my first Redcat.

I've had a few in the beginning their plastic was crap. I'll probably get 1 of each Ascent. 1 for my brother and 1 for myself.
Yes the vids of it look good. Definitely a wheel and tire change and electronics.

Steel chassis,underwhelming electronics and old style portals....not exactly the recipe for a good comp rig.:roll:
For Europeans uninteresting !

I doubt anyone looking to put together a legit comp rig is expecting that to come in the form of a $300 rtr. I imagine compared to its direct competition (Basecamp, trx sport, fordyce, etc) it would be the most capable out of the box. Time will tell.

It will be interesting to see if the aftermarket jumps in with a proper c2 chassis and other supporting parts.

I imagine compared to its direct competition (Basecamp, trx sport, fordyce, etc) it would be the most capable out of the box.
I rather doubt that ....anyway for us Euros the car isnt interesting...you could build something like it cheaper with online parts ....8)

Last edited:
Well I noticed 1 thing that I really don't like.
Front axle lower shock mount. Looks like you have to remove the steering knuckle to remove the shock. It's held in by a set screw.

Certainly not a high end comp crawler but I think it would be a fun little truck for the price point. The YT videos I have watched show it to be fairly capable truck out of the box. I'm considering picking up a blue one to tinker with over the coming winter?

Super impressive for the price!

I dont like either of the 2 bodies but at that price point, you just throw them away and replace to your liking.

Hats off to Redcat!

I have a feeling this will pull more people into flat rail style rigs than the scx10 pro.

From what I’ve seen so far the reception has been good, and redcat has done a great job.

I’m definitely intrigued and would be curious to compare it to a gatekeeper/ecto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back