• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

red cat gen 8 axe foams

slgen8

Hey guys, I just picked up a red cat gen 8 axe edition, I want to change the foam in the tires, I ordered pro line 1.9 xl dual stage foam, it looks way to big to fit in the tire. what size dual stage foam should I order for this model.

Hey guys, I just picked up a red cat gen 8 axe edition, I want to change the foam in the tires, I ordered pro line 1.9 xl dual stage foam, it looks way to big to fit in the tire. what size dual stage foam should I order for this model.

I see nobody has responded. If you don't want to buy new foams just take the stock ones and boil them per Redcat's video. From what I have heard many people have had good results. I have not personally tried it yet because I didn't get wheels and tires with mine. However, I will be doing it on my son's RTR when it arrives.

I used 4.5" Crawler Innovation Lil' Nova foams in my stock tires. Comp cut, soft front, medium rear. The 4.5" was a tight fit, but after the first long run, they broke in & worked great.

Back