• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rear output play

Skynet5

So with a few folks commenting on play of the rear drive, I think there is a tolerance issue. But only if you want to use FWD...

I've dissembled my spare transmission which has the same play and behaviour.

That is...when you shift the dog the shaft moves and take the gear, circled in blue, with it, sometimes. This leads to a difficult to set servo center (for neutral, FWD) requiring you to pull back the servo arm further than you'd expect, as the gear comes along for the ride too.

To solve this ive shimmed by 0.9mm (3x 0.3 shims) (pic shows 4, but I've used 3), between the step down on the shaft and the bearing in the plate. There is still some play, a little more than the front drive. But it seems to solve the gear moving which results in some soft clicking depending on the angle of the transmission (i.e. going up a hill)

4qpGfg5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back