• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RcBros Executioner

RcBro

RcBros Hobbies
Vendor
New Series marks time for a rebuild. This old dog has been beat up from the street up and its ride home from Nats prooved the hand cut chassis was ready to be retired.

Some new parts and some old parts, I got 1 day to get her back to tip top shape.

IMG_9950.jpg~original

The Axles are the same from the last build, just alittle cleaner :mrgreen: RcBros Lightweight gears & Lockers, SDS 2nd and 3rds. SDS HD's up front and Creeperbob Lightweight shafts out back.

Motors are Holmes 35T Flow SL 500 pullers, nearly new and still ready to rip the ground up. "thumbsup"

IMG_9987.jpg~original

IMG_9984.jpg~original

I may play with placing a lipo up front later this season, but for now I wanted to go with my go-to location. Decided to upgrade the material and busted out the dremel. CF makes a mess!

IMG_9989.jpg~original

Running the Egressor shock bodies with Traxxas bladders and Axial Machined pistons. Working on some new caps as time allows. For now, new shock oil and some tool brush love. We are good to go!

IMG_9980.jpg~original

Bent up some new lower 7075 3/16" solid aluminum links for the Executioner chassis and took some poser shots

IMG_9972.jpg~original

IMG_9974.jpg~original

I was crazy lucky and walked away with (2) Holmes Hobbies BR Minis from Nats. So these are for sure going in the car. After applying some coats of conformal coating to all my electronics, I stacked the mini's, bec and heat shrunk the package. Tossed some 5 min epoxy of the RX leads and shortened the RX wires.

IMG_9963.jpg~original

IMG_9976.jpg~original

IMG_9977.jpg~original

Tomorrow the package comes together. I have some exciting plans for this season and can't wait to play. "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Well we are RTR for tomorrows comp. Pretty boring on the skins, but it will work for now, just some thin CF and clear roof and hood. RTR weight is 3lb 12oz Lighter then I thought.

IMG_0010.jpg~original

IMG_0011.jpg~original

The Electronics fit inside the skid rather nicely. Mounted the RX on its side so I can easily see and plug in the electronics. Programmed the ESC's and BEC. Guess I should have read the instructions, but it is suggested to bind each ESC to your ESC independently. They did both bind though, so we will see how it goes.

IMG_0014.jpg~original

I narrowed and shortened a set of Voodoo's as well. These are the silver compound. I plan to de-pin them at the comp in the AM. They are nearly identical in height as a BC and just a hair narrower. Really excited to try them.

IMG_0014.jpg~original

IMG_0020.jpg~original

Pretty sweet seeing 6 of these chassis' running at our local comp. I managed to take third today, had some dumb errors, but the newly built truck is killer. The holmes hold even at 80% blows the doors off the drag break on my tekins. These are not load like the traditional holmes hold I've heard either.

I do need to play with the dead band. Seems like I might have lost some speed, but I didnt play with settings much.

I know what you mean about the holmes hold, I saw it first hand for the first time yesterday at our season closer.
Crazy the way it makes the car pull up. I had to ask what that noise was as he was pulling up.:lmao:

Been wanting to do these for awhile, got some proto's today. I will be shortening the height some as I think there is more then enough thread on these to do so.

IMG_0132.jpg

I like several factors about these caps. You can either use a rod end as a spacer as shown here, or run a rod end on the cap itself. With the amount of 3mm threaded rod ends on the market, the options are endless.

IMG_0131.jpg

The cap will ultimate be a few mm taller once finished, but our shocks are very easy to shorten to accommodate this issue.

If you have any questions, or suggestions please let me know! "thumbsup"

If we could figure out how to clean them. Anyone want white?

a8uvazyt.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back