• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RCBee's Gspeed V3 Honey Dipper Comp Rig

Honeyman108

Rock Crawler
BUZZZZZZ.... RCBee Here and her is my intro into the 1.9 scale rigs with my Gspeed V3 Honey Dipper Comp Rig and was able to add great parts from a purchase and spare parts from my current Gspeed build. The rig runs great will post video soon! Definitely want to put a forward motor mount and swap the servo down to the axle With the Vanquish Currie F9 Kit and add the Kimbrough Spur and TGH Spur locker and some shock adjustments should make this thing worthy of being a Gspeed rig!!! BUZZZZZ........

Parts list:

Gspeed V3 Carbon Fiber Chassis
Gspeed DSM servo mount
Gspeed pan hard mount
Tgh 2 low transmission with overdrive
Traxxas big bore shocks 90mm w/ dravtech caps,mounts,lower spring retainers, mini T springs.
12.3 wheel base with custom bent links alluminum upper and delrin lower links all high clearanced and SSD Steering links Titanium and Hardcore RC Bent Panhard Bar
Custom cage powder coated black. Cage unbolts from chassis pretty easy...
Vanquish black f9 axle housings with 6bolt gears and lockers 30/8 is gearing in diffs.
Vanquish steering knuckles-red
Vanquish servo horn
Vanquish OG 2.2 OMF wheels
Vanquish wheel weights-front.
Proline super swampers 5.4 inch tires smaller of the 2.2’s.
Crawler innovation dual stage foam only in rear tires. Stock foams front.
Boom racing drive shafts
Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro Stubby 540 3300kv
Castle Mamba x ESC
Reefs 777 Servo
DSM Off Road Recovery Bungee cords

BUZZZZZZ......

Attachments

• IMG_4408.jpg
    IMG_4408.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_4407.jpg
    IMG_4407.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_4404.jpg
    IMG_4404.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_4401.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 900
  • IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
got out to the backyard rocks wife is back in town and I got a minute love this rig but need to change the motor to a lower KV's in the low 2000's the 3300 KV's on this thing make it seem like a rock racer and definently change the pinion down and the shocks need a little work but overall she did great those rocks are slippery even when dry Colorado river rocks.... BUZZZZZ....

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 774
  • IMG_4470.jpg
    IMG_4470.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 779
Here is quick test run on the backyard rocks..... BUZZZZZ.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/38uJtyASvbw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice build! Just subbed to your channel on the tube

Thanks Man just trying to get a little better on building these comp SCX102 based rigs and having a lot of fun and the rig does perform well so moving along the hive.... BUZZZZZ....

Also checked some of your threads and you have some inane builds in there my friend I got to look through all of them.... BUZZZZZ.....

Last edited:
Thanks Man just trying to get a little better on building these comp SCX102 based rigs and having a lot of fun and the rig does perform well so moving along the hive.... BUZZZZZ....

Also checked some of your threads and you have some inane builds in there my friend I got to look through all of them.... BUZZZZZ.....

Thanks! I didnt start to many build threads on them

Really liked your gspeed build super solid saw u are using the Holmes 800 winch I got one on my TRX4 and it pulls!!!

The winch im using is the 3bros winch. Havent had a chance to use it yet though. Hopefully goina go out this weekend, if these storms dont flood us out down here

The winch im using is the 3bros winch. Havent had a chance to use it yet though. Hopefully goina go out this weekend, if these storms dont flood us out down here

Same here up in Nashville its been wet all year but I have made over 1500lbs of Honey so that's a BUZZZZZ.....

But dry crawling has been a little difficult this year but no fires or droughts.......

That's a nice rig you've got going there. I've always preferred the higher kv motors, assuming you can gear down enough. Get better low speed control and drag brake. But if you can't gear down enough you gotta do what you gotta do. Looks like it'll be a performer for sure.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That's a nice rig you've got going there. I've always preferred the higher kv motors, assuming you can gear down enough. Get better low speed control and drag brake. But if you can't gear down enough you gotta do what you gotta do. Looks like it'll be a performer for sure.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

BUZZZZZ.... STEVE.... Thanks man its a work in progress im still trying to tweak this rig!!

Trying to adjust the 2.0 low trans and motor situation to get lower gearing on it and I may sell the HH PPS 540 3300KV I have a brand new HH PPS 540 2700 KV so let me know abut that and also working in moving the MambaX and installing forward motor mount and waiting on a set of titanium links for the axles... BUZZZZZ.......

Honeyman, had to go to home depot today. Seen this n thought u would get a kick out of it
669a3a127f59706cff8b0f40bc841b0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

BUZZZZZ...... I absolutely do not like the 3Bros Yellowjacket 2000kv motor it did nothing and was so weak on a pretty light 6.5 rig I can only imagine using it on a very small scale vehicle 1/18th or 16th and even 1/24th!!!!

Going to install the HH PP 540s 1800kv and put a 9 tooth pinion and see if I can slow this thing down a bit but have some real torque!!! BUZZZZZZ.......

Attachments

• IMG_4584D.jpg
    IMG_4584D.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_4581D.jpg
    IMG_4581D.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_4585.jpg
    IMG_4585.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_4586.jpg
    IMG_4586.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 510
Finally back out on the rocks after months of no RC action! I forgot after 6 months some of the settings on the mamba x go back to original settings and the beeping was annoying but the the noise of the Snubnose V3 1850kv motor made the run not so fun! It performed very well just the noise ;(

Question? Any options on the Mamba X to reduce the motor sound? I know the beeping sound can be shut off :)

I have a new crawl master V2 esc I have to solder up and I hope that will take the motor screeching away???

Attachments

• IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_6642.jpg
    IMG_6642.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 280
Back