• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RCBee's GSpeed V3 Honey Cheater Rig Build

Honeyman108

Rock Crawler
RCBee's GSpeed V3 Honey Cheater 4WS Rig Build

Aloha Crawlers!!!!

Finally Got all the parts I wanted for this GSpeed Build and Can't wait to get building this Brushed Honey Beast Cheater :)

Parts:

GSpeed (Yellow V3 Carbon Rails) (TPL Compact Battery Tray) (V3 Sliders) (Servo Winch Mount Carbon) (Titanium Spacers 67mm) (V3 Sliders)

Vader Products (Monkey Skid)

Team Garage Hack( (Wheels / Titanium Bumpers / Fairlead / Shackle)

Reefs RC (777 x2 / 99 Micro Winch / Servo guards green)

Holmes Hobbies (TorqueMaster BR Mini ESC / Team Puller Crawl 16t)

Hardcore RC (Capra Double bend Titanium Links)

Supershafty RC (Capra Axles Steering x2 4WS) (Bombproof Trans TGH Collaboration)

Robinson Racing (Pinion 10t & Spur 56t)

Vanquish Products (Incision Driveshafts / Brass Ball rods / Servo Horns)

Dlux Fab (Shocks Pink)

KNK (Stainless Hardware) (Spacers)

Crawler Nova (Deuces Wild Dual Stage Foams)

Team Ottsix ( Voodoo KLR Trail Spec Tires 1.9)

Punks Customs (TGH Carbon Fiber Wheel Rings Purple & Gold)

3Brothers RC (xt60 dual JST plug)

Flysky (Receiver)

DSM Off Road Micro servo to standard servo carbon fiber mount)

Attachments

• IMG_8625.jpg
    IMG_8625.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_8626.jpg
    IMG_8626.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_8627.jpg
    IMG_8627.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_8628.jpg
    IMG_8628.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_8629.jpg
    IMG_8629.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_8630.jpg
    IMG_8630.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Re: RcBee's GSpeed V3 Honey Cheater Rig Build

I got the last parts for this build today a JConcepts Creep Body and some Tamiya Paint in Gold and Iridescent Pink/Gold and see What happens... Aloha....

Attachments

• IMG_8631.jpg
    IMG_8631.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_8632.jpg
    IMG_8632.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Starting to work on the Wheels and tires tonight! But I was able to paint the GSpeed Battery tray :).

Attachments

• IMG_8635.jpg
    IMG_8635.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_8633.jpg
    IMG_8633.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_8634.jpg
    IMG_8634.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 460
Looks like the start of a gnarly build [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, this is going to be a sweet build!!! Sweet as honey!:)

GSpeed rigs are fun to build and looks like you have all of the right parts to make this one a winner!

Following along to see more!

Looks like the start of a gnarly build [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Know Man Im excited and as usual glad to have a community of Crawlers here like U that I can rely on as I build this GSpeed and I always run into some roadblock so don't bee surprised if I reach out with SOS RC!!! :)

The TGH and Punks Customs Rings are looking pretty good to me! Ill have yellow front and purple rear on the rig :)

Attachments

• IMG_8637.jpg
    IMG_8637.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_8636.jpg
    IMG_8636.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_8639.jpg
    IMG_8639.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 445
Oh man, this is going to be a sweet build!!! Sweet as honey!:)

GSpeed rigs are fun to build and looks like you have all of the right parts to make this one a winner!

Following along to see more!

Yo Yo B-MOW!!! Thanks for the Kudos and I follow most of your threads and they are RC Awesomeness as well as inspiring & fun and you are a Titan in the RC world!! Will Bee In touch when I hit the RC Wall :) Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Nice parts pile ... this is going to be a beast ... looking forward to see the progress.

Today im going to open the axles and get them greased up and mount the servos and also removed the mirrored skid and TGH T-210 EBR edition Trans and move that to my heavier caged Gspeed that I have a thread on here Honey Dipper and also set up the chassis with the monkey skid and bombproof trans and HH motor!!
Trying to get my Diorama game up and finally pulled out a couple things from the diorama bin! So its under construction and I will need some B-MOW help on this diorama experiment see last couple pics and I unfortunately have bunch of degenerates slowly working on the diorama construction site so wish me luck :x

Attachments

• IMG_8642.jpg
    IMG_8642.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_8643.jpg
    IMG_8643.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_8644.jpg
    IMG_8644.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_8647.jpg
    IMG_8647.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_8646.jpg
    IMG_8646.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_8645.jpg
    IMG_8645.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 381
Very cool project!
I am curious to see what the gold and pink/gold paint combination does...
Are you planning to use the gold as a backing paint for the iridescence? Or are you going to create a gradient between the gold and pink/gold, and then adding a black backing? I think either would be pretty awesome...

Very cool project!
I am curious to see what the gold and pink/gold paint combination does...
Are you planning to use the gold as a backing paint for the iridescence? Or are you going to create a gradient between the gold and pink/gold, and then adding a black backing? I think either would be pretty awesome...

Aloha ChilliBreath :) I was thinking of 2 ways of painting the Creep body, One was iridescent Gold/Pink on the body and back it with White. then windows Gold. Second was to paint the body in Gold and back in White and paint the windows iridescent gold /pink. Now you gave me a third idea so many options and I'll be painting the body next week.
But I also have a Tamiya Sand Scorcher Body and the GSpeed Sliders that fit the VW scorcher body that was originally going on this build in my Bee Brain so I'm also going to post that and another color combo see which one wins! Cheers :)

Those degenerates need to get to grabbing them concrete blocks and get to stackin' your foundation!:ror:

Nice progress so far! Those sure are some pretty axles!!

Those degenerates need to get to grabbing them concrete blocks and get to stackin' your foundation!:ror:

Nice progress so far! Those sure are some pretty axles!!

Alright B-Mow and any other Knowledgeable Crawlers I hit my first roadblock tonight while mock setting up the skid and transmission!

First of all i'm not sure what the hell i'm doing ;( So not sure I have the Monkey skid in the right place but the it looks right and the shafts are perfectly horizontal and the trans looks a little low and may need spacers?

Q & A:
-Do I need to raise the trans with some spacers 4mm like the website says?
-Using the monkey skid do I need to put extra spacers on the chassis spacers to even out the chassis or is it normal for it to curve inward as the skid is a little wider?
-I need to get on YouTube and see if there is a video on how to customize this trans as far as using the forward forward option?

I did forget to order a couple Kimbrough 56t spurs that is required for this trans so just pulled the trigger on that.

Thanks in advance for any info is very helpful always here on RC Crawler :)

Attachments

• IMG_8649.jpg
    IMG_8649.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_8650.jpg
    IMG_8650.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_8651.jpg
    IMG_8651.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_8652.jpg
    IMG_8652.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 344
Hey bee, lookin good buddy. I dont see any issue with the trans from the pics, unless your rodends are goina hit the bottom of the case, or the motor isnt pressed against the skid. Lower u can get the weight, the better.

The chassis will pinch a lil at the ends, all mine do n cause no issue. You can get longer spacers that are the same width as the skid, if u prefer an evenly wide chassis.

Hey bee, lookin good buddy. I dont see any issue with the trans from the pics, unless your rodends are goina hit the bottom of the case, or the motor isnt pressed against the skid. Lower u can get the weight, the better.

The chassis will pinch a lil at the ends, all mine do n cause no issue. You can get longer spacers that are the same width as the skid, if u prefer an evenly wide chassis.

Aloha Indy its been a minute but hope you and the family are doing great?

And thanks for the Info, I'll get on the links and axles today and see what trouble I run into!

Stay in touch & Cheers :)

Aloha ChilliBreath :) I was thinking of 2 ways of painting the Creep body, One was iridescent Gold/Pink on the body and back it with White. then windows Gold. Second was to paint the body in Gold and back in White and paint the windows iridescent gold /pink. Now you gave me a third idea so many options and I'll be painting the body next week.
But I also have a Tamiya Sand Scorcher Body and the GSpeed Sliders that fit the VW scorcher body that was originally going on this build in my Bee Brain so I'm also going to post that and another color combo see which one wins! Cheers :)
There's only one logical solution here...
You'll need some extra bodies for all your different paint schemes [emoji1787]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-S901B met Tapatalk

There's only one logical solution here...
You'll need some extra bodies for all your different paint schemes [emoji1787]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-S901B met Tapatalk

My OCD Brain thought that too and then my rational brain said oh thats expensive but would Bee kool and reason #357483 why I play the lottery every week :)

Back