• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RC4WD 6 lug wagon wheels

3030hoyle

I’m sure this has been covered before. But I could not find anything about this in the wheels and tires thread. I’ve always stayed away from Rc4wd wheels because I’ve heard and read that they can be finicky with other brands of tires etc. I picked up a set of TSL Boggers on sale so I figured I’d buy some Rc4wd wheels to go with them. I ordered some 6 lug 1.9 stamped beadlock wagon wheels. I was surprised when I got them that they have pin hubs. I have ssd scale locking hub nuts on all of my trucks. Because the pin hubs on the wheels sit in so far it’s really hard to tighten the hub nut all the way. I could just run stock hub nuts to mitigate all this. But I really like the locking hub look on my rigs.

Is there any benefit of running pin hubs, compared to the hex hubs that I’m use to??
Also is there any certain brand that you guys are using for hex hub adapters on this type of wheel?
I really appreciate your guys advice! Thank you!

I’ve got 2 sets of these 6 bolt wheels. I’ve used the plastic Axial hubs and some cheap aluminum hubs off fleaBay. For some of them I had to file the lip off to flush the hub to the wheel.

Back