• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

RC10 Bajamaro/ need help with tire/wheel selection

utieh

Quarry Creeper
It's been a while I wanted to put a Sand Scorcher body on a vintage RC10 buggy. Being not sure about the how much Ill need to chop the chassis to adapt a shorter WB body, I dediced to go for a very different route with a Protoform Camaro VTA body.

I gathered some parts from different restoration projects, bought what I was missing on various Facebook groups (nose tubes, motor plate, rod ends, vintage Pro-Line rear bumper) and started the mock-ups.

Wheelbase was at first too long so I bought the first generation front arms: they are narrower and bring the c-hub 5mm back, perfect for that body.

I had a chassis full of random holes on its sides that I chopped and had powder coated with a few other chassis I restored, besides a few remaining holes on the chassis, it looks pretty clean now.

Electronics: it's going to be slow but I don't want to destroy the 6 gears transmission. I restored an old Novak T4 with new cables/wires/switch delete.
Motor is a Reedy Stock, Steering servo is a "modern" Hitec 645MG.

Tires and rims: The Pit Bull Braven Ironside are definitely too big, it's going to rub like crazy. For now most of the options I have for sub 100mm OD tires are from RC4WD with:
- Dirt Grabber (97.8mm)
- Prowler XS (96mm)
- Mud Trasher (97.8mm)

I like the Axial CRC 1.9 wheels, they are light which is perfect for that project but I wonder if I could find something that could give me a narrower track.

Unfortunately 1.55 wheels will not fit in the rear.

I wonder if I should go with DS suspension parts.
Would love to hear some other ideas.

uDjKbTB.jpg

e2Jh5c9.jpg

xaO7v8Q.jpg

7sCCiDy.jpg

sBi7T3r.jpg

Back