• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

RC drifting, circa 2007 (TT01/TC3/NITRO RS4!)

NICE!!!

yeah I'm trying to get the Tamiya FRS/86. Then I'm going to put a Tamiya sticker on my 1:1 lol
really deep into my ascender build right now. no telling when i will make any progress on the drifters.

! too many options, not enough monies. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
As is life my friend. In the last few months I have purchased 4 rc kits and mods galore and I'm fighting myself from getting another kit

it gets worse when you blow over a half mil on a house, have 2 kids, 3 fur babies, multiple hobbies, and the military pay isn't exactly spectacular. first world problems lol

your new stuff show up yet?? i need to get that Toyota body soon... i see less and less available and the one i have in my amazon list keeps going up!

We have 3 cats now, and a dog, and a 4 month old little girl, and 3 vehicles, and a house lol. first world problems. but our other car kit showed up, but im refraining from putting the kits together until the bearings show up. im still waiting on a bunch of crap to show up

that's it right there, patience is key brother!

I already have 2 cars. similar situation to yours, but instead of my wife its my son lol i got my TT01 running with the old radio gear and the Nimh stick pack that came with his barrage (just converted the TT01 to deans lol) and he was HOOKED!
so i just need one more radio for multi-model memory so he can use it for his barrage AND his TT01... might even get another radiolink like mine. its a pretty loaded setup for only $60 USD. gyro integrated receiver, 4 channels, tons of adjustment.
so then after that i need modern ESC's for both cars (brushed is fine), and a couple 2S 5000 mah batteries (need one for his barrage too). i think minus the radio i can get all that done for under $120.

until then... patience.

as far as cheap radios ive always ran flysky 3t3b or whatever they are called with multimodel support but I have always had steering wander problems where everytime i turn on my rc i have to play with the steering trim before every run.. i always wondered if that was my radio or esc doing that. but it does it with every rc i have so it must be the shitty fly skys lol. and i have 3 of them. I was thinking of maybe down the road treating myself to a higher end futaba or something but maybe way down the road. I had a bit of wiggle room for spending money and i ran with it. but now im in the same boat as you. Its time to bide my time and focus on life things for a while. I am getting off topic now, but me and my wife have gaming pcs side by side in the living room with matching 65 inch tvs as monitors and wireless keyboards and mice so simultaneous gaming or whatever. Currently shes watching american dad on one tv and 3 feet to the right i am typing this. its great, but her tv is on the fritz. its about a 5 year old plasma and its starting to go dark then go overly light then have dark lines of pixels then sometimes fix itself. so a tv is going to be on the menu very shortly. Also i am slowly building up a full scale gym in my basement when i have time. also pricey.

wow that's some serious gaming. it would solve the current situation with my son and i, sharing one tv and one xbox haha
i knew early to stay away form plasma TV's. i have a 70 sharp aquos ("Oh MYYY" - George Takei) and LOVE IT. its not 4K or anything but there are hardly any sources yet. its already like 5 years old but showing no signs of age.

anyway yeah on the topic of RC Drifting... no updates yet. still working on the truck (needs rear leafs and winch controller)

haven't forgotten about this.
still doing drifter research while slowly attempting to finish the ascender.

then i found this awesomeness...

YES PLEASE.
Custom-3D-Printed-RC-Drift-Engine-Bays-4AGE-SR20DET-DriftMission-3.jpg

oh BTW i sold the Nitro RS4. not sure if i said that earlier or not, but its gone. sold it on the bay after it was posted here in the classifieds for months without a single bite.
used profit on ascender goodies. not sure how i will fund the drifter builds. i guess i could always sell plasma... lol

Last edited:
makin me want to dig out my old kyosho... though I should start on my atsushi hara pro-4 first. did anybody make a coupe Levin body? or a 82-87 s12 body?

makin me want to dig out my old kyosho... though I should start on my atsushi hara pro-4 first. did anybody make a coupe Levin body? or a 82-87 s12 body?

I’m not sure if it’s still available, but hpi had a levin body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
got some goodies coming...
ebay sale was a great excuse to do some work on the drifters.
HW1060 ESC and a radiolink RX with gyro.
gonna pop those into the TC3 and yank the driveshaft so its RWD (steering angle still limited by old sliding rack system). i have a half dozen beater bodies so its going to be a "missile" while i tune everything. but i do have an old fresh unopened unpainted body in mind when its tuned...

Oh wait uh-oh what's this?!!?

2zp2sxu.jpg

Radiolink recievers with GYRO for BOTH drift cars! It only took 10 years to go 2.4ghz lol

27ypu9k.jpg

Next thing to get updates is already in the mail ;)

so that thing arrived in the mail...

2w5pvr5.jpg

so now the electronics are "modernized".
HW1060 brushed ESC running the same old associated 19T motor (11 years old!)
Radiolink gyro integrated RX (connected to my radiolink TX from my ford, model 2 named "TC3")
same old steering servo... JR? super old and maybe too slow. more on that in a sec...

so what when from "oh, i'm just going to put this ESC in there today" turned into

IM GONNA RWD CONVERT THIS MOFO RIGHT NOW!!!

pulling apart front diff bulkhead/suspension to remove front gearset and axles/driveshaft
10wpr43.jpg

hmmm something missing here...
15x7qxu.jpg

took apart the CVD front axles and put the ends back into the knuckles, no problems there at all.
the front ball diff and gearset is gone, saved in a ziplock bag for spares. carbon driveshaft tossed in the random parts box.

this is how she sits as of last night... SHE RUNS!!!!!!
gyro sits center forward (on the fly adjustable with knob on TX), balance is great. tiny 2000mah 2S battery is temporary.
xqlve1.jpg

gave it a go in the garage. RWD even with gyro is a PITA!!!! all it did was swing quickly to a spin. i need to adjust my throttle trims to feed power more gradually. its like instantly hitting 8,000 rpm with 500hp lol
also need to try swapping to tires with more grip. right now she's on the old yokomo ring type tires. i have some HPI T-drifts on hot stand-by, just ran out of time last night.
also suspect the old servo might bee too slow for RWD duty. it worked fine for the "lazy" 4wd drifting. but the demands of RWD are QUICK and precise.
also have plans to play with steering mods for more angle. TC3 has a limited sliding rack, but i have some ideas...
but the important thing is...

SHINCHU IS BACK IN THE DRIFT GAME BABY!!!!!!!

swapped to some softer treaded drift tires (old kawada) and moved the RX/gyro to center rear and it made a pretty good difference.
still spinning but its more manageable now.
most of it is trigger/throttle control and i think i need a faster servo and more angle to catch the rear and hold a slide.

long weekend ahead for labor day, will probably get more practice in, maybe mount a beater body... maybe. no promise but im at a lull with trucks (waiting on funding) so drifting has my attention now.
hopefully next post i will have pics and maybe vid.

I did a thing?
Haven't repainted so here is a black and white teaser.
I have a color in mind just need to go pick up the plasti-dip.
2ebfwux.jpg

Did some hooning on the back patio. All the extra room really helped figuring out what the car needs for mods. Rear swings so quick... Maybe more angle will help?

Busted out the dremel and made some vintage tc3 collectors cry...

Modded knuckle on the right, left is stock.
And for some reason I forgot to snap a pic of resulting angle??
Its better but the geometry will result in overcenter if I try for more throw... Hmm...

333jrr5.jpg

Back