• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge "L.O.S.T." Legend of Snowshoe Thompson

G6 Penalty winch ?

G6 Penalty winch ?

8. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch. If the rig is underwater and the driver grabs the rig instead of using the penalty winch, that driver will be charged a 5 minute penalty. The G6 is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a boonie basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the penalty winch; a 3 minute penalty will be charged to that driver.

What is a Penalty winch?

Is it a tow strap, or an actual scale winch or a piece of string/wire/rope that the judge uses?

Can anyone explain how this recovery process is done? example: does the judge hook it up to scaler and then slowing pulls the rig out from being stuck?

anyone, bueller, bueller......

G6 Penalty winch ?

8. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch. If the rig is underwater and the driver grabs the rig instead of using the penalty winch, that driver will be charged a 5 minute penalty. The G6 is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a boonie basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the penalty winch; a 3 minute penalty will be charged to that driver.

What is a Penalty winch?

Is it a tow strap, or an actual scale winch or a piece of string/wire/rope that the judge uses?

Can anyone explain how this recovery process is done? example: does the judge hook it up to scaler and then slowing pulls the rig out from being stuck?

anyone, bueller, bueller......

the judges winch or penalty winch is a piece of cord with a hook connected to the score sheet clipboard your stage buddy carries. if you need it it is hooked to your rig and pulled to right you or to get through a problem. Parker wants you to use it like an actual winch and still have to drive your rig at the same time to learn what it's like to have your own instead of just yanking you through. we have also used our tow strap when we don't have the boards.

there is no "set" rule on this just your honor. at the first G6 we hooked up unibomber and drug him through 60 gates because of a stripped servo horn and only gave him 1 penalty. now we are using each marker winched through is a penalty. so will it take longer than 6 minutes to drive that slick climb through 2 markers or should i penalty winch and save time and move on, sometimes the judges winch is faster.

hope i didn't forget anything and i think saw Bueller at the Mets game today lol

John

1. How many Axial Shields are in the RECON G6 Challenge™ L.O.S.T., Legend of Snowshoe Thompson flier?

2. After reading the Wikipedia background on Snowshoe Thompson; what do I share with Snowshoe Thompson? You will have to show me the answer to receive a bonus at drivers meeting.

3. What was the winning poker hand in the Joker’s Wild G6? (Here’s an Ace up your sleeve…http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showp...&postcount=257).

quad 3's

4. Snowshoe Thompson delivered the U.S. Mail, deliver a picture of one Vanquish Products item to me on the RECON G6 Challenge™ L.O.S.T. thread or what I call the mail car on the G-Train. Here is the address, http://www.reconcrawlers.com/forum/s...wshoe-Thompson . Since I like getting new mail, no duplicate pictures.

5. How many RECON scopes are in the RECON G6 Challenge™ L.O.S.T., Legend of Snowshoe Thompson flier?

6. Brad “Bender” Dumont shares legendary status with Snowshoe Thompson, in Bender’s latest video, found here; http://axialracing.com/wordpress/201...wroncho-video/ , when does the Wroncho successfully climb the sand embankment?

2:07 and 2:28

7. Snowshoe Thompson rescued pioneers while in the back country doing his job; would you stop during a RECON G6 Challenge to help out a stranded camper?

Stranded G6 'er YES ... Stranded camper... NO. :flipoff:

Last edited:
1. How many Axial Shields are in the RECON G6 Challenge™ L.O.S.T., Legend of Snowshoe Thompson flier?

2. After reading the Wikipedia background on Snowshoe Thompson; what do I share with Snowshoe Thompson? You will have to show me the answer to receive a bonus at drivers meeting.

3. What was the winning poker hand in the Joker’s Wild G6? (Here’s an Ace up your sleeve…http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showp...&postcount=257).

quad 3's

4. Snowshoe Thompson delivered the U.S. Mail, deliver a picture of one Vanquish Products item to me on the RECON G6 Challenge™ L.O.S.T. thread or what I call the mail car on the G-Train. Here is the address, http://www.reconcrawlers.com/forum/s...wshoe-Thompson . Since I like getting new mail, no duplicate pictures.

5. How many RECON scopes are in the RECON G6 Challenge™ L.O.S.T., Legend of Snowshoe Thompson flier?

6. Brad “Bender” Dumont shares legendary status with Snowshoe Thompson, in Bender’s latest video, found here; http://axialracing.com/wordpress/201...wroncho-video/ , when does the Wroncho successfully climb the sand embankment?

2:07 and 2:28

7. Snowshoe Thompson rescued pioneers while in the back country doing his job; would you stop during a RECON G6 Challenge to help out a stranded camper?

G6 'er YES .
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

1.9 G-Rides;

1. Rosa Parker / RECON Angel / 1.9 Lil’ Lexus w/ new shoes and ghetto fabulous make over.
2. Michael Pham / nissan_driver24 / Slow Honcho
3.Elio dianda/ zonkerd/ baja f-100 offical chase truck of g-6
4.Cole Bailey/unibomber/Axial Samurai Stage Assasin
5. Dan Wilson / dan <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">wilson</st1:place></st1:City> / SCX-10 Lipo Burning Stage Dominatrix
6.Mandi Harmon / V Wagon / Team Dirty Bird
7.Matt S. / DVADER / scx10 / Team Dirty Bird
8. Eric / TREE / scx10
9. Chris Goris / Brokennib / SCX10 Blue Bastard
10. Martin Febanske / fvrr / scx10 new G6 secret weapon
11.Richard Fleming /1beatjeep /Eat my Dust / SCX10
12.Matt Soileau/Skeeno/Axial Blog Honcho
13.Brad Spoelstra / yjbrad / Honcho
14.Bruce/ Nissan/bpc
15. Cody Bailey / recovery cody / SCX-10 FJ
16.Sam trujillo / RC ROCK ARMOR /SCX-10
17.Rick mercado/ merc56/ scx-10
18.Tristin /scx-10
19.Travis Branco / Tbranco / TLT based FJ40
20.Chad/Rockwalker/BPC/AX10
21.Phill/Team Tekin/Honcho
22. Thom Kowatch / Thom K / Axial SCX-10
23.steve mayer / honcho / bpc
24.matt mayer / honcho / bpc

Wraith/2.2 G-Rides;
1.BIG JOE/CLASS3 /TUBER / OR WRAITH!
2.Sam Pedrick / Team TWERK Driver / Axial Wraith
10. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

quad 3's

2:07

7. Snowshoe Thompson rescued pioneers while in the back country doing his job; would you stop during a RECON G6 Challenge to help out a stranded camper? hell yes we leave nobody behind!!!!

1.9 G-Rides;

1. Rosa Parker / RECON Angel / 1.9 Lil’ Lexus w/ new shoes and ghetto fabulous make over.
5. Dan Wilson / dan <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">wilson</st1:place></st1:City> / SCX-10 Lipo Burning Stage Dominatrix
8. Eric / TREE / scx10
14.Bruce/ Nissan/bpc
18.Tristin /scx-10
19.Travis Branco / Tbranco / TLT based FJ40
20.Chad/Rockwalker/BPC/AX10
21.Phill/Team Tekin/Honcho
22. Thom Kowatch / Thom K / Axial SCX-10
23.steve mayer / honcho / bpc
24.matt mayer / honcho / bpc
25.Mike Keough/ miner mike/ Honcho

Wraith/2.2 G-Rides;
1.BIG JOE/CLASS3 /TUBER / OR WRAITH!
2.Sam Pedrick / Team TWERK Driver / Axial Wraith

Hwy 88 EAST construction update

This info only applies to those who are traveling from sac., bay area, valley.....etc... Via hwy 88 east

as of sept. 12 the road construction will be going on during normal business hours : 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. During these hours there will be a possibility of a 2hr wait due to blasting.

The closure is about 15 min. From blue lakes on top of the carson pass. Blue lakes road is at the bottom of the eastern side of the pass.

Try to make it to this area before 1:00 pm or after 4:30 pm on friday. I have yet to see them working on the weekends, but i will double check.

You will come to a temporary traffic signal and a short section of one way at the top of the pass. This light has a short wait.

There is no problem for the people coming from reno/nevada , hwy 88 west, and hwy 395 areas.

Info source: http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/2011/09/06/roadwork-continues-on-highway-88-at-carson-pass/

Last edited:
This info only applies to those who are traveling from sac., bay area, valley.....etc... Via hwy 88 east

as of sept. 12 the road construction will be going on during normal business hours : 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. During these hours there will be a possibility of a 2hr wait due to blasting.

The closure is about 15 min. From blue lakes on top of the carson pass. Blue lakes road is at the bottom of the eastern side of the pass.

Try to make it to this area before 1:00 pm or after 4:30 pm on friday. I have yet to see them working on the weekends, but i will double check.

You will come to a temporary traffic signal and a short section of one way at the top of the pass. This light has a short wait.

There is no problem for the people coming from reno/nevada , hwy 88 west, and hwy 395 areas.

Info source: http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/2011/09/06/roadwork-continues-on-highway-88-at-carson-pass/

Thanks for the info Matt. Those are the times I was going to be going through there after i get off work! So i guess I'll be heading up Sat. morning. Early :roll:

Mini trasharoo instead of burlap sack ......;-) It's a prototype with its crooked stitches , the updated versions are in the works today.

Parker, will these pass for the event ???

100_1235.jpg

100_1239.jpg

100_1244.jpg

100_1241.jpg

Who wants one ??? Order them now... "thumbsup"

Thanks for the info Matt. Those are the times I was going to be going through there after i get off work! So i guess I'll be heading up Sat. morning. Early :roll:

Bummer...

What time do you get off work ??

Why will 1pm to 4pm delays keep you from getting there friday, it stays light till about 8pm ???

i might be going up saturday morning maybe.. if anyone wants to carpool i can hold 4 in my scrambler..

Bummer...

What time do you get off work ??

Why will 1pm to 4pm delays keep you from getting there friday, it stays light till about 8pm ???

I get off around noon and was going to hit the road around 1

i might be going up saturday morning maybe.. if anyone wants to carpool i can hold 4 in my scrambler..

If your coming back on Sat I may be down to hitch a ride "thumbsup"

1.9 G-Rides;

8. Eric / TREE / scx10
14.Bruce/ Nissan/bpc