• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Question on Brush selection on CrawlMaster Expert 13t

merin_83

Hi Guys, I have a Wraith PS, for which i bought the CrawlMaster Expert 13t very recently and its good. But when i checked the brush length after 2 trail runs, it 8mm, and HH website says we should change after 7mm. So i guess it almost time to replace, but when i look the website there are many options, but not much info and whats the difference. Please help me choose one. Am on a budget and i do mostly trails and some rock crawling. Also don't wan to change brushes too often ;)

these are the options in the website...
1. Holmes Checkpoint Copper 540 motor brush
2. Holmes Soft Copper Standup Brushes - Default
3. Holmes Soft Copper Laydown Brushes
4. Holmes Checkpoint Silver 540 motor brush

Also please let me know if this is normal to change a brush with 2 packs 2200mah lipo ?

thanks,
merin

Hmm, from experience that is not normal. It could be a fault form the factory cause if you do just trail runs then that shouldn't affect the motor that fast. Most of the brushes are out of stock however, you could try the checkpoint silver brushes...from my understanding, silver passes the current faster than copper but like the page said it requires cleaning the commutator more often. Well I'd see what John would have to say about the brushes burning out first.

Hmm, from experience that is not normal. It could be a fault form the factory cause if you do just trail runs then that shouldn't affect the motor that fast. Most of the brushes are out of stock however, you could try the checkpoint silver brushes...from my understanding, silver passes the current faster than copper but like the page said it requires cleaning the commutator more often. Well I'd see what John would have to say about the brushes burning out first.

thanks, if silver does that, then i will stay away from that, as of now i dont have budget for lathe. And my gearing is 56:14 32p and stock esc. 3S lipo. Timing i dint change its at 0.

I'll recheck the wear limits to be sure it can't go further, but brushes are a wear item that depends heavily on gearing and drive habits. What color is the motor label, red?

Making sure you didn't get a TorqueMaster, those really eat brushes with the 13t.

Add timing and gear properly, they will wear a ton better.

3mm of wear is optimal for brush spring tension. You could push it to 4mm of wear or 6mm remaining brush length, but if the spring hits the hood you can ruin the comm very quickly.

3mm of wear is optimal for brush spring tension. You could push it to 4mm of wear or 6mm remaining brush length, but if the spring hits the hood you can ruin the comm very quickly.
Thanks, I will measure the gap and see how much will be safe... btw the color of label decides it torque or crawl masrer ?

Back