• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Proline Big Bore Scaler Shock Firmer Springs

cubalz

Good morning! I purchased a set of ProLine big bore scaler 90-95mm shocks filled with 45 wt shock fluid for my Axial SCX10 v1 but I have found that even after buying a set of their additional spring assortment and using the red heavy springs that the front end bottoms out due to the battery and stuff that I have loaded on the front of the chassis. Does anyone know other brands of springs that will fit these shocks to keep them from bottoming out?

Bottoms out when? Crawling, Bashing, Static? You can also put spacers between the spring seat and the spring to effectively increase the spring rate.

Bottoms out when? Crawling, Bashing, Static? You can also put spacers between the spring seat and the spring to effectively increase the spring rate.

it bottoms out under its' own weight on the bench. The springs that are made for these shocks are like thin wire. I have the 3 s battery mounted on the front for stability in inclines and these shocks wont take it, the frame sits on the servo due to the shocks fully compressing. I may need to sell them and get a set of Traxxas big bores if I cannot find a solution.

add some preload. you do have the dual spring rate in there, right? i have the same ones on my capra with the VP portals. you also you can change your shock oil. it shouldn't bottom out like that. have they been bleed properly?
how heavy is your rig??

Back