• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Post up! Any new upgrades coming for SCX10.2?

TFitzPat87

Rock Stacker
Hi All,

Since the SCX10.2 is somewhat new, and more and more upgrades/hop-ups are coming out for it, I thought this would be a good on-going thread for people to post up what is "soon to be released" or "just recently released". I know some of you are more in the loop than us newer guys.

Reason I think this would be good is because when I'm doing my digging, I always turn up OG SCX10 parts. Understandable considering the OG has been out for a while, but kind of clutters things when your trying to find upgrades specific to the V2.

So anyway, anyone who is aware of anything that is (or might be) coming out for the SXC10.2, post em up! Pics would be great if those are available.

I hope we can keep this thread going for a while, so people have a place to find parts they may have missed in their searching, at their LHS, or online. Thanks in advance! "thumbsup"

EDIT: I don't have any pictures, but my small contribution is that I heard SSD is working on a rear bumper. From the looks of their front bumper, I assume it'll be pretty sweet!

**Please try and keep the convo to a minimum so the thread doesn't get too poluted**

Last edited:
All these views and no one has anything? Oh well, worth a shot. Thought there'd be more out there and this would be a small hit.

There are hardly any "dedicated" MIPs for anything. Just like the new Bomber "kit" they just came out with, the folks at MIP go to their existing parts bin and find what fits more or less then sells it as a kit for that truck. That's why the Wraith kit was so ill fitting for so long. The rear shaft barely stayed together because it was at the limit of extension. They usually wait for someone to do their work for them then copy the info into a "brand new kit". This is one of the many reasons I don't like MIPs in addition to the fact that they cavitate at high rotation speeds because of their incredibly loose spline tolerances, have a horrible CVD pin retention design, are unnecessarily heavy, rust like crazy, use severely failure prone hardware at the yokes, fall apart completely without frequent red loctite, and are extremely unscale and downright fugly IMHO. Even Junfac shafts are better designed and much cheaper. MIP makes great hex drivers though.

There are hardly any "dedicated" MIPs for anything. Just like the new Bomber "kit" they just came out with, the folks at MIP go to their existing parts bin and find what fits more or less then sells it as a kit for that truck. That's why the Wraith kit was so ill fitting for so long. The rear shaft barely stayed together because it was at the limit of extension. They usually wait for someone to do their work for them then copy the info into a "brand new kit". This is one of the many reasons I don't like MIPs in addition to the fact that they cavitate at high rotation speeds because of their incredibly loose spline tolerances, have a horrible CVD pin retention design, are unnecessarily heavy, rust like crazy, use severely failure prone hardware at the yokes, fall apart completely without frequent red loctite, and are extremely unscale and downright fugly IMHO. Even Junfac shafts are better designed and much cheaper. MIP makes great hex drivers though.

Now that is what I call a rant! And I completely agree :mrgreen:

Not sure how new these are, but I just found out about them a couple of weeks ago. Fender well liners from a company called GRC, which I purchased through seller clubrc on eBay. Fit PERCECTLY, to my surprise! I had to trim a little to clear the SSD front bumper setup (nothing that will ever be visible), but all of the holes lined up exactly as they should. They're obviously 3D printed, but the flash in the picture definitely exaggerates that a bit. Haha

The scale details like the vents and structural ribs are a very nice touch! It should keep the inside nice and clean, as well.

ef07c4586b70a2a7abeac7421cc306ff.jpg

098dc03d9aa8537a547c53b2f9f79642.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duly noted! Sounds like you've been waiting to get that off your chest! :lmao:

Not sure how new these are, but I just found out about them a couple of weeks ago. Fender well liners from a company called GRC, which I purchased through seller clubrc on eBay. Fit PERCECTLY, to my surprise! I had to trim a little to clear the SSD front bumper setup (nothing that will ever be visible), but all of the holes lined up exactly as they should. They're obviously 3D printed, but the flash in the picture definitely exaggerates that a bit. Haha

The scale details like the vents and structural ribs are a very nice touch! It should keep the inside nice and clean, as well.

ef07c4586b70a2a7abeac7421cc306ff.jpg

098dc03d9aa8537a547c53b2f9f79642.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did actually come across those recently too. I want a set. Happen to have a link to the ebay seller?

EDIT: I found it. Ouch! 70 bones? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-...356382?hash=item1c79c9db9e:g:5i0AAOSwt5hYZV9G

Last edited:

Have mips in all my trigs,no issues,just the rust thing,wich is a nice realistic feature.You don't see any cars with shiny shafts.They hold well,no problems even on brushless motorI used axial ax10 shafts for my wraith,again no issues.Junfac they are ok,till one point.If u cross that point,they will break

A local guy just picked up those GRC wheel wells a week ago. They look perfect ...exactly what I'm looking for. There is also a section for the back middle to fully close it in. With that piece, you're at $80.00! I really really want them; but, I just don't think I'm willing to throw down $80.00 when I would like to start another build at some point etc.

The product looks spot on; but, the price seems steep. A profit is fair and he created the product, so I understand and won't bash on that. I'm just curious on what kind of mark up that is with materials once you take the actual printer out - assuming it's owned and paid for.

I've made some other crazy purchases on these cars. There is still a fair chance I end up with these.

Thanks for the pinshape link. I actually work at EOS (if you're familar). The machines that Shapeways uses to make their customer products/files are our machines. I actually work in our applications team, so when our plastic machines have some down time, I can throw them on and build myself a set.

The GRC's are a solid look though, but that price is too steep. I think they were going for $40 when they were originally released, but that's obviously not the case anymore.

Back