• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Pistol Grip Tech

I've seen some of those vids, but I keep seeing people setting up their radios with a 3 position switch for 4ws, crab, front only, or rear only.
I spoke too soon the 4pks is really a nice looking piece of equipment, but for the price I'm curious if the 4PL can do the same job with the steering.

I use the 4pks with two buttons around the steering, and the dial on top of the radio set to control the rear steer. the dial on top I have set to 5% increments and the buttons around the steering to 10%. Its not as fine tuned or fast as using a twin stick, but i gets the job done for me.

the 4pl wasn't out when i got my 4pks. the pl looks like it has more mixes and comes ready for crawling. never used it, so i cant really comment on it more.

Im pretty sure I am trading for a super class with clod axles, 2 servos, both 2, and batteries. So Ill need an esc (or 2?), and RX/TX/ I have a DX3R, has anyone had luck running everything with a one? I know its 3 channel so it will be tough. From what I have read I can either have 4ws always on or no 4ws and dig... Sound about right?

Can you guys recommend a pistol grip? The 4pl looks out of my range and my budget. Super only has plans for rear stear and lights. I would prefer to have the full control rear stear like the 4pl offers and would like to be able to turn the lights on and off. Thanks from a rookie.

Check out the RadioPost. Pretty powerful for the money. Only issue I have is in bright sun its hard to see the screen.

does anyone run the 4pls I just order it and was wondering how well it worked for a super class

not personally. but its a great radio for it. rear steer on the lever almost a smooth a twin stick.

Back