• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Palm Beach Bots batteries and esc

surfishjoe

Rock Stacker
Hi guys, I am building a new chassis and I am in the process of planning and sourcing parts and electronics for it. I came across a guy in Florida who specializes in robot fighting. I was going to buy a couple small 180mah 3s batteries and 2 other items caught my attention that would apply to micro crawlers but I wanted to run it by here first see what you guys think. Fist he sells an am32 based esc that he says is designed for low end smoothness and control and is only $24. The other item is a tiny 4 channel micro rx that works with the gt5 protocol and is also pretty cheap around $10 if I remember. Both items come Without connectors soldered on so there is that obvious difference but I wonder if they would be an alternative to the more common and expensive esc for crawlers? Thoughts?

I haven''t tried any of the open source esc's yet with either AM32 or ESCape32 on them. I know DinkyRC sells them but they are like $50. I wouldn't mind soldering the wires on I did it all the time when I was not Tiny Whoops, most of the esc's came without wires soldered to them. The GT5 is a Flysky TX so I'm guessing it a small Flysky rx the guy is selling. I have some small RadioLink rx's that I really like. Got a link to this guy in Florida? I'd like to check out what he has

Www.palmbeachbots.com. I am ordering the 180mah 3s batteries for sure. The esc looks like the one I just got from rcsteve it uses the same protocol the gt5 uses. I am still a brushless virgin so I know nothing about the esc other than it uses the am32 and he says they use it to control the bots and they also need smooth slow speed control. Guy was cool and was asking me a lot of crawler questions. I will probably get the dinky esc but figured maybe you guys would like a cheaper option.

Got myself dinky. No cheaper option seems available. Works very well outta box did not need any adgustments.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Received my batteries from palm beach bots and they sure are tiny! They are only 180 mah but I am building this truck for local indoor comps so I am hoping that it will get me through a ten gate course with a little reserve.

I wouldn't mind soldering the wires on I did it all the time when I was not Tiny Whoops, most of the esc's came without wires soldered to them.

Got myself dinky. No cheaper option seems available. Works very well outta box did not need any adgustments.

I always have bare ESCape32 25A boards with software adjustable BEC that I ship by request. You can get in touch with me via Telegram (@senyx) or Discord (@escape32.org).

Last edited:
Back