• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Overhaulin the wraith, DC Rubicon, mmp waterproof

Jeepfixer1

Rock Crawler
Overhaulin My WRAITH. Tekin Pro 4, 2 speed, upgrades.....

Hey guys I got in some parts for the Wraith and the work load basically meant tearing it all apart. I just put in a Tekin 13.5 and Robinson gears in my tranny. Now I'm doing a Dynamic Concepts Rubicon body in kryptonite gold with black flares. Im moving my big front lights to the headlight position, moving my small headlights to the taillight position since their round like the molds in the body which leaves the rectangular lights will be my new fog lights. While I'm at it I'm putting in a battery forward kit and moving my mmp out back in a new Dinkys drop box. Waterproofing the Mamba Max while I'm at it.
4d72a4d5.jpg

Waterproofing the mmp with clear silicone over the LEDs
58c63184.jpg

Shoo goo'd my big lenses to the rubicon body's headlights
9a8e40d8.jpg

Test fitting the MMP in the Dinkys box.
5b6c9812.jpg

A pic of the hood. The sticker is under the lexan with the paint! Slick trick ;).
de9215b8.jpg

Last edited:
Is that all you are doing to waterproof the esc? I have the MMP also and was curious as to what all needs to be done to make it water resistant. Sweet build by the way.

Yep there are several YouTube videos on how to waterproof an esc. I'm doing liquid electrical tape because it is what I had on hand. Real easy to do. Here is a pic of the bottom.
99511d9a.jpg

I am putting it back together tonight so I'll let you know how it goes! :ror:

Well I got some more goodies tonight soo I guess it won't be finished tonight after all.
I picked up a losi night crawler rock light kit and a set of chrome axial light buckets and lenses
666739a6.jpg

Also since my factory lockers can't take the power of the Tekin 13.5 . . .
492ca6d9.jpg

I went ahead and installed front and rear HR steel lockers. By the way I have to say I really like these. They look well made.
11db63ec.jpg

Also installed some styrene diamond plate on my dinky drop box.
680bdcda.jpg

Ok so I got some more work done. I figured while this thing is apart, I would try and fix everything that bothers me. I couldn't find a good looking tan for the interior at the Lhs so I mixed my own with fascolor brown, white, and yellow (equal amounts of each, or close). I used that on the floor and center of the seats. I mixed in some more brown for the edge of the seats and cut some diamond plate and painted it black for the kick panels. Hope you guys like the way it came out!
4f608282.jpg

31e5f3e9.jpg

Hey guys, it's been a couple of days since an update. I've been busy with a new job. First new job I've had in a while. I've been working at the same place for over 17 yrs and the owner passed away but on the bright side the new job is better with better pay! Sweet! Means more RC stuff!!! Anyways not a lot to report but I painted the shirt on my driver but need some flat clear or maybe just scuff it for realism. Got a lot of wiring done, but still a little left to do (notice the switches in the center. I also shrink wrapped them for shifter boots and water proofness. Also some new goodies came in. Notice far left is one. Also have something else coming, I'm super excited, but WHEEL leave it for a surprise. Here is a pic.
317b08c1.jpg

What's up fellow RCers ! I was stoked tonight. I found plasti-dip in the paint section at lowes. That stuff is cheaper than I thought. So when I got home I thought I'd pull my Hitec 7954 metal geared servo out and waterproof it using Medics methods. So I've been really careful up to this point not to submerge it. It has only been splashed with a little mud and of course some light waterhose action when cleaning. When I pulled it apart it had nice rubber seals all around. Although they hadn't done much.
024b78b8.jpg

This made me a little sick.
9b259980.jpg

I went ahead and waterproof greased the mess out of it.
2ae0bc53.jpg

And I dipped the very bottom up to the heatsink in PlastiDip and put it around the upper case halves too
16b511b9.jpg

Ok so I got the losi night crawler light kit and it didn't come with any lenses to keep water and mud out of the lights. So I took some clear lexan and cut out some squares and shoo-goo'd them too the housings. Also plasti-dipped the losi light controller.
16a38a22.jpg

Then I protected the whole losi harness and all in shrink wrap
7dae892b.jpg

Then took a dremel to the left over plastic around the light housings and mounted them to the upper shock towers
(this pic is a test fit before I shrink wrapped)
6d7e35e1.jpg

Ok, the wait is over, I almost died waiting on this package. You would figure that 45$ for shipping would take less than 12 days when it's in the same country. Also they never sent an email saying that they shipped. Ohh well off my sandbox. Here are the pics!
376cf212.jpg

Pulled em out of the box!
73bcac6c.jpg

Took one out of the package!
a77fd439.jpg

Man I love these wheels and tires!!! These are the most expensive RC wheels I have ever bought! Love em, but after pulling all the bolts and putting a small amount of antisieze on each one and reinstalling... WHEW !! I have to say there was no binding with any of the bolts. Nice scale hardware!
a17506d7.jpg

Back