• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Wraith is going on a DIET!

The BGR shock towers showed up this morning. I've got them installed, and I honestly don't think there is any issue with stiffness up front. The only thing I could see people basing this on is the top tube area where the hood/body mounts. Since it is no longer tied in to the shock towers, it does "float" a tiny bit. But, none of that is going to transfer in to the shock tower area IMHO. Manipulating the front end and flexing it by hand, there was virtually no deflection. At this point, I'm not going to bother with fabricating any reinforcement. If it looks to become an issue under actual driving conditions, I'll consider it then, but i'm highly doubting it will. Any ways, below are some pics. The fit and finish is awesome and they popped right in to place. Machine screw hardware is included as well. I slipped the body on for two of the shots, but I still need to trim the hood for the shock tower hoops. Going to try to finish mocking up the ESC location up front, get it mounted, and then get all the wires cleanly back to the rear fuel cell/receiver box today.

I've also got another thread going in the paint section. I'm considering painting the chassis. I'd love to do it in a silver to match the BGR stuff, but a bit worried about pealing and cracking. It looks like a few people have done it with mixed success. Sounds like scuff sanding, degreasing and then pre-spraying with adhesion promoter are the way to go. Also considering spraying it a gloss black, that way if it chips or gets scraped, it will just show through to the original black, which will look like primer. IDK - still on the fence about it.

Attachments

• bgrrear.jpg
    bgrrear.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 300
  • bgrfront.jpg
    bgrfront.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 305
  • bgrfrontbody.jpg
    bgrfrontbody.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 288
  • bgrsidebody.jpg
    bgrsidebody.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 285
Looks good and thanks for the update. Will the stock rx box fit with the bgr front shock mount now?

I didn't check. I can take a look and let you know. My guess is it will be way too tall. My HH BLE ESC just barely squeezed under the cross brace between the towers.

Putting my old, aluminum body panels on to take her out for a little shake down. (Still have to trim out the hood for the shock towers on the lexan body without mauling it :cry:).

IDK - I do still love the way the alum panels look. Especially with the BGR towers now. Decisions....decisions. :roll:

Attachments

• alumsidepans.jpg
    alumsidepans.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 315
Mocked up a template for cutting the hood for shock towers this morning. Now, I've just gotta commit! :shock:

I'm going to do the lexan hood first, then I'll do the aluminum one because I'm really thinking about sticking with the aluminum panels. I've typically used a dremel tool with cutting wheel on aluminum for operations like this. I'd love to hear recommendations on a cleaner way? It's just hard to get real precise control/cuts with the dremel.

Attachments

• templatecr.JPG
    templatecr.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 252
Oh yeah - forgot to mention. The HH PullerPro 3500KV is sick! Straight up wheelies in the driveway. Flipped it right on it's back once.

Drill holes at each end of your proposed slot first with bits that are the same diameter of the proposed slot (looks like 5/16"?) Then connect the holes with your cutoff wheel. Should leave you with nice, radiused slots.

JIMMY is in the driver's seat! :lmao:

He showed up today and the detail is sweet. I especially like the harness and harness clasp. His legs are a little short, but you don't really see them any way. I'm also going to have to extend the steering column a little bit for his steering hand to fully engage it. But, other than that, he looks good in there. It was $45.00 total including Jimmy, a new Wraith seat, and the harnesses. A bit pricey, but the detail is pretty amazing. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• Jimmy.jpg
    Jimmy.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Jimmy2.jpg
    Jimmy2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 234
Ok, Wraith weight loss project is just about wrapped up. After all the changes, including snub nosing, fast backing and ditching all the scale goodies, scale says I dropped 6.01 ounces. Between that and the increase in power with the Puller Pro 3500kv, i'm pretty darn pleased!

Back