• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ORCRC Article: How to build a TLT crawler.

Nice write up and the pics help alot too. When I'm ready to step up from my Nylint, I definitely be using the article fro reference. Thanks for the great job!

ok man i was just wandering, with the 6-32 all thread and the 3/16 brake line did you have any problems puting the brakeling/tube over the all thread? im in the process of making links and im having to thread the all thread into the brake line. i was wondering if this was the same for you or i have something wrong?

thanks, Big john

smokinu_by_rc said:
wonderfull writeup a little late but also dosent ben aka mullit man aka unimoger own that truck now

we built this truck last august, look at the date, 12/21 on his post, never too late for a tlt build and yes, it is in my shop it was for me, Ryan is a very good friend of mine.

Unimoger said:
we built this truck last august, look at the date, 12/21 on his post, never too late for a tlt build and yes, it is in my shop it was for me, Ryan is a very good friend of mine.
seen the vid from the bean was a really nice crawling chassis and truck
and love the bodies but can never find them

IronOx said:
ok man i was just wandering, with the 6-32 all thread and the 3/16 brake line did you have any problems puting the brakeling/tube over the all thread? im in the process of making links and im having to thread the all thread into the brake line. i was wondering if this was the same for you or i have something wrong?

thanks, Big john

The brakline doesnt go over the 6/32, I use 3/16 Aluminum tubing to cover the allthread. I only use brakeline for exterior tubing stuff. (Roll cages, etc.)

Thanks!
Ryan

Any chance you could do a raw parts list from somewhere like MCMaster?

I never can find raw materials like all thread and aluminum tubing in the suburbs of NYC. Just no market for fine machine parts like that.

Great job rb.

truck body

Hello,
Who makes that truck body and if you can the wheelbase and the width of the body.
Thanks in advance

BrockGrimes said:
Is there any play in that setup?
Is it over kill to toss in 3 extra gears?
The cover wont go on with 2 or 3 extra gears, only one extra like in the pic.

there is a tiny bit of play, but not much.

Excellent idea, clean and nice. I JB'd my first and then came across this idea. Did the 2nd axle this way, thanks.

Do you have any neat idea similar to this for the Pede tranny?

shawkins said:
The cover wont go on with 2 or 3 extra gears, only one extra like in the pic.

there is a tiny bit of play, but not much.

Back