• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Opinions: Wraith Spawn vs Arrma Senton vs 1/16 E-Revo VXL?

Wow, that's really cool that you jumped right in.

I've been debating blowing some Christmas money on one :mrgreen: - let us know how you like it.

Blowing Xmas cash is exactly what I’m doing :). I’ll definitely let everyone know! I’ll probably make one post after a run or two in this thread as a “final update”, then move to posting in the Rock Rey sub that [mention]Phildirt [/mention]was nice enough to point out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had all three, more-or-less, since I've owned a 3S Typhon as opposed to a Senton.

While the 1/16 E-Revo was fun on smooth dirt and pavement, I constantly had issues with the rear differential. Even after careful shimming, I kept blowing through them on rougher terrain. Mind you I never jumped the thing more than a foot. Once I restricted it to driving on the basement carpet it did better, but it was just a little too quick for indoors.

The Typhon 3S was fun, but I had the generation that had gearbox yoke issues and thus I was constantly chasing gearbox demons. It was ultimately these drivetrain issues that wore me out and led me to eventually sell it. I'm tempted to buy one of the newer versions to see if Arrma has worked stuff out. However, by the time you buy beefed up drivetrain components and then maybe even those Proline shocks that were just released it's into Typhon 6S territory.

I've had a Poison Spyder Wraith and a Spawn. These worked out well for me when kept at speeds below 13 MPH. My only real issue was that they required more challenging terrain than I typically encountered. I didn't need to pay much attention to line selection. Still, a fun vehicle, though I'm not sure what the future holds for this platform.

If I had to make a choice between the 3 you listed, I would say Wraith. If you want to meld characteristics from each of these vehicles, also consider the Redcat Wendigo.

Back