• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old Skool

I will sound like a dummy here, but I would like some more info on how you did the body mounts please.

I will sound like a dummy here, but I would like some more info on how you did the body mounts please.

I cut the nubs that go through the body off and sanded flush to the wider part the body rests on. Then drilled 1/32 holes into the body posts. Cut 1/8 thick lexan (aluminum on my mud truck) to size, drilled holes through the plat meat the width of the holes in the body posts, then using M2x16 screws, mounted the plate to the posts. Then add the 3m dual lock.

I had a great time this weekend at Howling at the Moon! Made some new friends, reconnected with some old ones. A big thanks to Axial and RRW for putting on the event, and GSPEED for covering my entry fee. Sleeping in the front seat of a friends truck all weekend was not even 'that bad'. If any of the footage came out, I should have video by the weekend.

i am starting my own gspeed build this weekend. i found pictures of your truck and loved what i saw from the chassis. thank you for posting so much. i am curious what bumper your are running. it is perfect for what im hoping to accomplish. simple, high clearance, and winch fairlead.
thanks a lot. i look forward to more updates as you keep moving forward with this truck

i am starting my own gspeed build this weekend. i found pictures of your truck and loved what i saw from the chassis. thank you for posting so much. i am curious what bumper your are running. it is perfect for what im hoping to accomplish. simple, high clearance, and winch fairlead.
thanks a lot. i look forward to more updates as you keep moving forward with this truck

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the build! The stinger is a 1 off from WTF (White Trash Fabrication) out of Central Florida.

Looks great! What foam setup are you running on your KLRs?

Thanks! Foams are CI lil nova's. 4.5". Medium rear, soft front.

Ahh I see. They did a great job on it. I need to find one like that!

Good luck! I got in contact with Kevin (WTF), gave him very specific measurements and a crude sketch, and it showed up perfect to my specifications. I had to add the fair lead myself, which was labor intensive cutting a slot and 2 holes in 1/8" carbon steel with a dremel...

I do not know of any on the market that box in the frame, are almost flat to the front of the rig, are not too tall, and have the secondary supports for the hoop that make it rock solid.

I love your build bud...I'm on the fence about a Toyzuki motor mount at the moment...I have a gspeed chassis on TKO-10 axles...how many mm/inches did u have to raise the motor mount?

I did not raise it. The low hole is the stock gspeed holes for the rear of the front cross brace. The top hole for the mount is 3/8" above.

Can I pick your brain. I've been collecting a few parts for an rebuild of my scaler. I have a GSpeed chassis and Skid along with a Toyzuki motor mount. I am stuck though as the Toyzuki mount is narrower than the skid....... (so cannot be mounted to the chassis without spacers..... Have I missed something? How did you get the that to fit?
Help a confused newbie......:oops:

The chassis is meant to be bent inwards like a stock chassis would be that's how the toyzuki fits no need for spacers

Can I pick your brain. I've been collecting a few parts for an rebuild of my scaler. I have a GSpeed chassis and Skid along with a Toyzuki motor mount. I am stuck though as the Toyzuki mount is narrower than the skid....... (so cannot be mounted to the chassis without spacers..... Have I missed something? How did you get the that to fit?
Help a confused newbie......:oops:

The chassis is meant to be bent inwards like a stock chassis would be that's how the toyzuki fits no need for spacers

Tyler is correct, pinch it in!

Back