• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old Skool

The ToySpeed-LCG is almost a runner! I have a few things to button up tomorrow. I need an electronics box, a servo wire extender, and to solder Dean's on to the new batteries.

You've done a nice job on your upgrades Dicky the videos are the proof. That vertical iine in the first vidio is sweet. Those Curries really do a great job of anchoring that rig to the rocks. Good luck with the new rig it look great on the rocks.

Thanks! That vertical climb is the benchmark climb at that location and is not part of the club trail. It is a difficult one that very few of the trucks can get up. It would be a cake walk for a 2.2s or Pro, but this is a scaler area. I look forward to seeing how the truck handles it with the ToyZuki conversion, I know it won't do worse!

Once I get it re-tuned, I'll take it to my old MoA testing grounds and find it's limits.

You should get out a little dick.

I mean, you should get out a little, Dick.

Alright, that was a stretch.

Hehe. Little dick. Stretch. Alright, it's late.

Batteries soldered, it lives again!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vp7c8LtwW5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a little video...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MnwUz6VHDdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A few more pictures from Sunday. I have about 14 hours test and tune time between Saturday and Sunday, and absolutely love the way this truck is performing.

I have broken a lot of things over the years, though shearing the 4 screws off in the locker is a new one for me!

While I have it apart I decided to take care of a long overdue process too.

Time to get it all back together this week and prepped for Axial's Howl at the Moon at RRW.

I closed in the back of the truggy cage, and picked up a new GoPro!

Headed to a park now, for a hopefully great day of crawling.

Awesome rig dude... i think i caught pictures of these on the GSpeed FB page and its this build that's steered me to speak to the man behind the LCG chassis about hooking me up.

Awesome rig dude... i think i caught pictures of these on the GSpeed FB page and its this build that's steered me to speak to the man behind the LCG chassis about hooking me up.

Thanks! Yes, you have definitely seen this truck on the GSpeed FB page. I'm glad you like the build.

Yesterday the SFSC trail was closed due to Rockfest 80's. At $100\ticket I opted to skip the music and migrate south with a couple of the SFSC guys to Greynold's park. The rocks were great, the lines are hard, the pollen still has my eyes half swollen shut, the bugs ate me alive, but it was worth it!

On too the pics! I have a couple short clips of video I have to look through as well, not sure if they came out good. By the time I started filming, I was completely wiped out from pollen allergies and bug bites.

A little follow the leader with a light weight comp rig style ToyZuki taking point. I am 2lbs heavier and have sliders that hurt more than help on this rock, but I kept up!

Photo op with my fellow Team GSpeed driver Tyler

And a few random pics I took.

My 5 inch light bar did not show up in time for the SFSC Night Crawl last night, so I dug out a 1" bar and mounted it to the grill. It was a great event, the weather was perfect, and the bugs were not too bad.

Back