• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old Skool

DickyT

I wanna be Dave
After a year of enjoyment driving the snot out of this truck, I decided to refresh it for 2016. The 2015 spec looked like this:

The parts list for the 2016 refesh:

GSPEED-LCG chassis
ToyZuki motor mount
Proline 1956 Ford F100 body
Bentmetal Crowbar sliders
Bentmetal truggy cage
WTF stinger
OTTSIX Voodoo KLR's - Silver
CI Lil Nova foams
VP Ti links
VP Currie axles
VP 8* C's
VP 8* knuckles
VP VVD's
VP CMS
VP 1.9 Method wheels
Proline scale shocks
Axial HD Gears - UD rear
Robinson trans gears
MIP Center Splines
Futaba BLS 157 servo
Mamba Max Pro
Tekin Roc 412 3100KV
Locked Up RTR winch
Krawler Konceptz power tank
Team 3 Six Nitrous bottle
RC4WD fuel cell

Last edited:
The 2016 refresh pics! It will get it's shakedown this weekend.

I am loving this GSPEED-LCG Chassis. It is rigid, has many tuning options, and allows greater clearance up front for the panhard, in addition to it's LCG design.

3M Double Lock!

Look Ma, no body pins, and the body stays on!

Repping the SFSC \m/

The weekend won't start soon enough, I want to get this thing out on the trail.

Last edited:
That looks great! Love these old trucks. That chassis is really nice too.

It's interesting you've had success with that double locking velcro. I can never get the stuff to work for mounting my bodies.

Steve

That looks great! Love these old trucks. That chassis is really nice too.

It's interesting you've had success with that double locking velcro. I can never get the stuff to work for mounting my bodies.

Steve

Thanks!

I've been running the Double Lock on my mud truck, which gets a lot more abuse and exposure to the elements than this. The only time I pop the body off of that rig is if I roll it over at speed. With the trail rig, only if i roll it down a big hill.

Sacrifices I am willing to make, I hate the look of body pins.

The shakedown run of Old Skool went great today! I need a little bit stiffer foam in the rear. On our unique rock surface, the rears bit a little too hard. I may increase rear shock oils 1 step as well. Other than that, it did everything I asked of it today!
I am so happy that I changed the chassis and tires this year, it really has transformed the little blue truck. I can't wait to get this GSPEED-LCG dialed in. A short video to come later.

And a short video from the shakedown.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VGJCtThInjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got the bentmetal crowbars painted and installed on Old Skool. Tomorrow they will lose their paint!

And Camo says hi to EP.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,639
Last edited:
Today's video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qM_oe2yiK9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am really impressed with this little truck, it is getting pretty close to dialed in.

A little fun with Old Skool today on our U4 course. For a weighted wheeled, front and rear locked crawler, it did pretty good!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6dZdbZ6MKkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back