• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old school clod refurb

looneybin

RCC Addict
A little old school clod refurb amidst all yalls cool nice new axial monster trucks:ror: picked this little heap up couple of weeks back and scratched an itch i have had for a long long time. Put on 8 axial stock shocks, built some custom stainless four links, modified some axial servo plates to mount a couple of servos down on the axles, then i did a little bodywork and threw in a evx-2. I must say on 3s this thing is much faster than i would have expected. So much so im scared to destroy the body.

Easy offed the paint.

Replaced a fender.

Linked

Then the paint failed....back to easy off.....which also failed.....fml

But eventually i got it coated and detailed.

Think that wraps up this little project. Ill play with it a little and have my fun, then move it on like all of my projects.

Innerds...

Well this ting is on its way to a new owner. Never owned a clod before and they are deffinitly a different breed. Glad i was able to bring it back to a decent ride. Good cleaning and some new wheel inserts out of lexan and vinyl puts a new look on it.

Killing it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 575
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 428
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 449
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 424
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 369
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 397
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 406
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:
Way you did the wheels came out slick, looks awesome man.

Links just stainless rod, drilled and tapped? Wanting to do the same with my clod.

Back