• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Oh hey another shitty samurai....truggy on Toyota axles

So, It actually wheels not to shabby all things considered. So I’m riding home right now with of my teammates( TEAM DPC) from the ASD AAC19 took the Sami out and did all the trails they had prepared for the event, didn’t get a ton of pictures but got a couple

cdn.com/20190818/6f16455278b3cf406a6e86d17c8f5949.jpg[/IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-[/QUOTE]

What chassis you running under the 2WD Chevy?

Sick samurai for sure. Makes me want to jump into a scale rig

e135391deaecd41c84c19027ba68ad99.jpg

This is my current scale endeavor- have another body printing right now for my c1 comp rig- it’s the most fun I have within the hobby forsure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welll gave the samurai a refresh, basic stuff, stretched front 3/8” and rear 1/4, 1.9 wheels now, with proline grunts- and did up a scale rear brake set up. Working on fronts, then bearing mod to come.
9a86fd0b86f66d52fefff11918597a57.jpg

7ce1d77d34565702e1fd2660f5e618a5.jpg

df5cb44fb1da48398b13e1b97183afa3.jpg

15754477d6de42a0da983261045e13f6.jpg

49c44e5e5ff7d1e6ca236cd0eb93d1fa.jpg

Those Grunts were an excellent choice for your refreshed rock crawlin' rig!

Damn, I might need to pick up a set................ :shock:

Very cool build!

Whats the story behind the leaf front and coil rear? I'm guessing its just to mimic the 1:1 but I'm still curious why that is the way it is.

Very cool build!

Whats the story behind the leaf front and coil rear? I'm guessing its just to mimic the 1:1 but I'm still curious why that is the way it is.

Poor decision making. Honestly, when I started building 1:1 crawlers circa 2005~ a lot of amateur but great outcome, drive way built rigs were happening. And hydro was greatly more money then it is today. Thus a lot, and I mean ALOT of rigs were linked rear first, because why bother 3 linking something with hydro assist if it’s basically almost as expensive as full hydro and 4link.So leaf front/link rear were common place on rubicon as rigs were in progress. I greatly enjoyed that phase of most builds.

Those Grunts were an excellent choice for your refreshed rock crawlin' rig!

Damn, I might need to pick up a set................ :shock:

thanks! I love em’.I actually accidentally bought 4 pairs- I’ve got 2 pairs on hand still sealed I was gonna return but can be yours for what I paid lol. I did a ci lil nova foam set up and man they work GREAT!

Back