• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Novak 55T replacement

Both Holmes Hobbies and Team Brood offer 55T motors. Axial and Tekin also have options. I'd avoid the Axial motor honestly. The Yeah Racing motor would be a similar, but cheaper option. What are you using it for?

Both Holmes Hobbies and Team Brood offer 55T motors. Axial and Tekin also have options. I'd avoid the Axial motor honestly. The Yeah Racing motor would be a similar, but cheaper option. What are you using it for?

Thanks for the reply.
Its for an old AX10 with significant mods to do very slow crawling.
Replaced a Novak ESC with a HW 1080.
The motor was giving me trouble, so looking for a like replacement.
Was trying to see if anyone remembers the quality of the Novak motor so I can get similar without overspending for an old rig.
Have studies Holmes brushed line, but don't know what matches the old Novak.
I did "rebuild" the Novak and its running OK now, but would like to replace it.

then theres the 5 slot motors

holmes has more exspensive motors and cheaper ones but these are about the same as the old novak the 5 slot would have better start up but slightly less torque
you could email holmes hobbies and see what they recommend
i have a few novak rockstar motors there great but there old and outdated holmes hobbies motors are vary high quality probably better than the old novaks

Last edited:
I 2nd the 5 slot HH motor. It will start up slower and smoother but will have a little less torque than a 3 slot HH motor. However compared to an old 3 slot motor I wouldn't be surprised if the new HH 5 slot has more torque anyway (better magnets).

The old adage that you need a 50T - 80T motor to go slow has been debunked as motor tech has improved. Personally I dont like 3 slot motors and would only use it if the rig was super heavy.

Back