• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

North of 49

Hills

North of 49 - styrene UniMog build

hey fellas!

this is my first post but i have been lurking for some time. just thought id let you guys know what im up to.

i have started working with styrene, now this is some fun and cool sruff. i have built up a jeep brute/jt from a 2dr jeep wrangler unlimited. its not perfect but it is a start. with completed interior and a working seat belt.

my next project it to build a unimog from scratch, i have started today, its looking good too.

also i had a firebolt 15t motor, decided to put it in and see whats up. well im loving the wheel speed!!! and i can still crawl with it.. imho if your not comp crawling and just playing around, try the 15t motor, it keeps it fun and you can tear in the snow and mud, i had 2 foot roosters today!

i will keep my updates here. video of a snow run to follow.

Hills."thumbsup"

Last edited:
thanks micro racer! the 15t is a lot but driven right its works gooood!
ok i feel pretty dumb, i cant figure out how to attach a saved image from my computer. the only thing i see is insert image and it needs to be an url.

am i missing something, any help would be great.

yes i did try searching and it says to use the 'Manage Attachments' below but i dont have or cant see it.:?:

thanks guys.

p.s. the vid is uploading to vimeo right now. will be up in a bit.

ya its a complete styrene build, i have everyhting cut out, just need to detail everything an throw her together, i will have the pics figured by tmrw. im just doing a cab for now. have not decided on the back end yet.

and as promised heres the link the the video, it wont be viewable for another 30mins or so....

https://vimeo.com/63712663

good morning everyone!!! here are a few shots of what im up to..."thumbsup"

GOPR1590_zpscf331cdc.jpg

GOPR1592_zpse9349933.jpg

GOPR1595_zps8edc66bd.jpg

GOPR1594_zpsbb0c8150.jpg

GOPR1593_zps3d476770.jpg

hey everyone, so i got a chance to go for a run out at ghost lake. i took some pics and made a little vid (uploading)

GOPR1663_zps0ac9b8ce.jpg

GOPR1662_zpsccd94f5f.jpg

GOPR1713_zpsbb234c58.jpg

GOPR1665_zps449aaf8e.jpg

and heres one of my buddy Marley

GOPR1669_zps10b3f101.jpg

thats all for now!

heres the link to todays adventure to Ghost Lake, Alberta.

let me know what you think...

https://vimeo.com/63784700

hey rcc whats up?

so im looking at new tires... either the rc4wd 1.9 boggers or the 1.9 proline super swampers.

anyfeed back would be great... i know pitbulls but im not diggin the looks.

Interco Super Swamper 1.9 TSL/Bogger Scale Tire

Pro-Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper Tires 1163 for Rock Crawler

Thanks hills

Last edited by a moderator:
good day everybody!

i did some mods today, i made custom rear shock mounts and cut down my stock rock sliders, heres some pics.

its keeps a pretty much stock stance but puts the shocks at a slight angle forward. there is hardly any movement in the shock towers now!!!

put the sliders on upside down to gain a little more elevation

Last edited:
silly me, i got ahead of myself, i just tried the brute body and well the holes in the bed dont fit the new shock mounts. hmmm i was getting tired of that body anyways, lol it was a trial run with styrene. now i really have to finish up my mog.

a question for you all... What color should I paint the mog? This is always the hardest part for me. Which color which color hmmm

Fluorescent orange... Like road cone orange Or lime green, maybe a baby blue... Just not yellow lol

Heck I don't have a clue!! Something bright though IMO. :) good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

so im looking at new tires... either the rc4wd 1.9 boggers or the 1.9 proline super swampers

I run both. And if you're running in straight mud, then boggers all the way. And cut 'em. I always preached the boggers until I recently got some swampers. They're great. They do much better on the rocks then the boggers in my opinion. And they still kick ass on the trails. The only drawback to the swampers is overall tire height is much shorter then the boggers.. Just my .02 cents. Bobby.

hey guys thanks for the replies.

for tires, i have also been looking at the RC4WD Dick Cepek Tires, any thoughts/reviews on thoes. im looking for an do it all tire with real life scale looks.

as for the color, im diggin the amc green. i am leaing toward military green or tan.

anywho i have the mog all glued up. ill snap some pics later.

Hills

Hey rc crawler, thanks for all the comments!
i have the entire body together and last night i decided to add some fenders/flares. i also built a bumper out of styrene, will see how long that holds up.
im just about ready for paint, im just going to add some tow points for some D-hooks (cotter pin style)
now onto the goods.

i think its really starting to come together, i also have the mog body attached by velcro. very clean look.

Hills

Back