• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nor-Calrcrc 2010/11 Comp #1 - Rockaway Beach, Pacifica, Ca, October 9, 2010

007. badger
1. dpdsurf
2. Saxton Slaughter
3. gunnar
4. WaitingDragon(TjuanE)
5. Woody
6.ynmech
7. PEE WEE (If it doesn't rain) LOL
8. AlphaQup
9. Bent70
10. Bikerdobber / Greg N
11.MR.VERTICAL\JPHRACING
12. Alex R
13. 8-454/ Everett M.
14. JeepinDoug
14. CRAZYRT
15.solowluv aka big daddy
16.prego aka foxy moma
17.crawlitreal
18.Chino925

Results

What a great day in my hometown of Pacifica! Thank you to everyone of you who attended our 2010/11 season opener today! We saw some old freinds and some new faces as well. I know the courses were brutal but I hope the nice location and BS'ing with fellow RC friends made up for it.

Anyone who is interested in joining Norcalrcrc and having your points tracked in this season's series please check this out. http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/forum/payments.php You will need to be a forum member first. http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/forum/index.php We will have a BBQ at the end of the season and award trophies to our top 3 series finishers.

I would like to thank those of you who help with building courses, JeepinDoug, Travis C and yotachump. Today we had a challenging landscape to work with and you guys did a great job given the limited options.

I would also like to thank our main judges Travis C, Alphaqup, roksloski, Yotachump, PEE WEE, Waiting Dragon and JeepinDoug for judging all day. And I also saw chino925 and 8-454 jump in and help out. Speak up if I left anyone out. Thanks to badger for bringing MickyD's, you have been promoted to club gopher.:mrgreen: And thanks to ynmech for printing up scorecards! I know it gets said all the time but it's true, without guys like all of you we don't have a comp. It's a team effort so thanks again everyone. "thumbsup"

Congratulations to Travis for being the only driver to complete all 4 courses and taking the win! "thumbsup" Watching you drive is pure entertainment.

With no 1.9 class this year it was nice running a 4th course and still having time to free crawl and bash the fast trucks too afterwards. I hope you all were happy with the new format.

event1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dave and Nor-Cal RC for a great day. Those were some nasty courses. Looking forward to the next one.

A Thank You to Nor-Cal , dpdsmurf and Badger for lunch..."thumbsup"

A great time on a great day.....

oh ya thanx to jeepindoug for course 4................................NOT!!:lmao: just WOW........:shock:
The other courses were very good but brutal..........
glad to help out anytime........

And thanx to pee wee for letting me borrow a servo so i could go....

Last edited:
Sweet, a cheap gray plastic CDW took home the WIN"thumbsup"

Thanks dpdsurf, and all the Nor-Cal club for the fun comp with brutal courses today!

Thank you John very much for the MickeyD's! what a nice day today(wheatherwise).

Congrats Travis! see you guys at the next one!"thumbsup"

A Thank You to Nor-Cal , dpdsmurf and Badger for lunch..."thumbsup"

A great time on a great day.....

oh ya thanx to jeepindoug for course 4................................NOT!!:lmao: just WOW........:shock:
The other courses were very good but brutal..........
glad to help out anytime........

And thanx to pee wee for letting me borrow a servo so i could go....

It was my absolute goal for the day, to give you just one thing to complain about.

Thanks, guys for a great opener. Congrats Travis, great driving all day!!

Somebody left some tools on my tailgate.
1/4" Craftsman ratchet and three sockets on a socket tree.
Contact me and we'll get these back to you.

Great comp, had fun. Thanks badger for the McD's "thumbsup".

Next comp I think we should try the make all courses 50%-70% finishing average. Doesn't make it fun for the newer guys when they only make it to gate one or two.

I agree Anthony. I think if at least 2-3 courses had a 50% finishing avg it would be great. But still have one really technically hard course. Just not 3 really hard and one moderate course like last Sat. Places like Rockaway and even Genentech are hard to achieve this though.

Im sorry I missed out on the fun. I couldnt get the rig ready in time, the damn steering on my new axles just doesnt want to work right.

Oh well, I will make the next one for sure!

I agree Anthony. I think if at least 2-3 courses had a 50% finishing avg it would be great. But still have one really technically hard course. Just not 3 really hard and one moderate course like last Sat. Places like Rockaway and even Genentech are hard to achieve this though.

I say try to design each course with a 50%+ finishing average and have each course try to have time consuming and technical bounses.

And 6 minutes......"thumbsup" like they should be.....

x2 I like crawling:mrgreen: would like to run the full time after 1.5 hour drive to get to the comp only to crawl for 20 mins. but it was your comp so you run it like you want. I loved the location and had a really good time and want to thank everyone that help to make it happen was a fun day.

Back