• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nor-Calrcrc 2009/10 comp #7 - Rockaway Beach - 4/11/10

whats the tide table for tomorrow :shock::roll:

<table style="width: 345px; height: 82px;" id="tides-table"><tbody><tr><td>03:41 A.M. PDT</td><td class="tide-height"> 1.15 feet </td><td>Low Tide </td></tr> <tr><td>09:34 A.M. PDT</td><td class="tide-height"> 4.37 feet </td><td>High Tide </td></tr> <tr><td>03:35 P.M. PDT</td><td class="tide-height"> 1.05 feet </td><td>Low Tide </td></tr> <tr><td>09:51 P.M. PDT</td><td class="tide-height"> 4.96 feet </td><td>High Tide </td></tr></tbody></table>

As of 7:56am it's not raining at comp spot, sitting in parking lot 10 feet away from rocks!

Well that was definately different. Great courses today! Just a little slippery once the rain came (sarcastic understatement! :lmao:). Thanks again to all who set up and judged. And again thanks to Tracy's mom for the awsome cookies!

Just a side note: Anyone know how to get water droplets off the inside of a DX3R screen?

loved the rain, nice!!!!:lmao:
thanks guys for putting my truck out !!! and yes my girl beet me!!!
go prego:oops:
hope nobody else fried anything?

That scaler photo sequence getting sucked away by the ocean better end up on this site soon!

"Oh, the humanity!!!"
images

One of the top three most miserable comps in my portfolio, the first will always be Manteca.
Tons of carnage, car on fire, broken servos, drowned radios and spun gears were probably the highlight next to Bob's scaler surfing attempt.

Thanks to all the judges who stuck it out to get every hardcore RC Crawler thru the courses.
Congrats to BCrofts, I believe got the win today.

That place is flippin awsome and yes even my scaler being picked up and suck into poseidon's ocean by a "rogue wave" and just when i thought it was gone for good it was spit back out for me to retrieve. i will be mounting a surf board to the rack :lmao: Thanks to Dave and company for a great comp even in those conditions "thumbsup"

That place is flippin awsome and yes even my scaler being picked up and suck into poseidon's ocean by a "rogue wave" and just when i thought it was gone for good it was spit back out for me to retrieve. i will be mounting a surf board to the rack :lmao: Thanks to Dave and company for a great comp even in those conditions "thumbsup"

How about a life jacket!!:shock:

I have no room to talk, I left my rigs in the truck!

Here is what i was doing when the rogue wave attacked my scaler :lmao:

Attachments

• DSC_000500010001.JPG
    DSC_000500010001.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC_000900020002.JPG
    DSC_000900020002.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_001100030003.JPG
    DSC_001100030003.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC_001200040004.JPG
    DSC_001200040004.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC_001300050005.JPG
    DSC_001300050005.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 229
Cool Pics

Thats Cool ,Wet , And great u got it back "thumbsup" NICE DAY :lmao: TODAY . To much GREAT !!!! Stuff . PLAY THERE Somemore . When we can SKIM BOARD , Also "thumbsup" Thanks Dave . COOL .:mrgreen:

I hate to use the word miserable in the same sentence with rock crawling but man this day was miserable for me. After weeks of getting our house ready for an Open House today I thought it would be a piece of cake holding the first NorCal comp in my hometown of Pacifica. 8) We setup the courses while it was still dry but we knew rain was coming. As soon as we set the courses and while teching the rigs it started. I knew from the start it was going to be a brutal day of unforgiving courses with being forced to take a specific line or end up in a hole with a repo. I ran the course I built 1st to be the guinea pig after hearing how my course started out hard and ended easy. I finished and was ready to do Doug's course while the rain was coming down sideways when the phone rang. It was my wife and I thought this better be good as i was already "miserable". "Honey, the roof is leaking". Yes, the roof of the house that we are selling and have an Open House in the afternoon roof! So I rushed home to fix the leak. I did a quick jerry rig fix and made my way back to the comp site to finish the other 2 courses. Did ok on bcrofts course and finished. Then the word miserable comes to mind again when running Doug's course. There was so much sand at the start gate that when you set your rig down it slid to the bottom into the sand. I had to hold it with my foot to drive away only to take out the gate and slide off the rock again. A gate and a repo later and I was on to gate 1 where I felt a straddle would be the only option. Progress through 1 and back in the sand, game over! I can't remember ever only clearing 1 gate. :oops: Well Doug says it was one of the top 3 worst days of comping, but at least it gives us some stories to laugh about later. :ror:

Thank you chino, crofts, doug, joel, niles and greg for judging in "miserable" conditions. Sorry you didn't want to run after judging all morning Niles. :cry: Thanks to anyone else who pitched in and to all you brave soles that didn't let the rain keep you from coming. "thumbsup"

Bob, you showed some real interest in the ocean and could not seam to stay away from it. Have you considered one of these? :lmao:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ONutgLuV8&playnext_from=TL&videos=J8L0FnDIvDg

Great pics of the scale tsunami by the way! "thumbsup"

Results
event722-1.jpg

event719-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who braved the wind and rain! Despite only getting to run 1.5 1.9 course, I had a great wet cold day. Always fun to hang out and BS a bit. Doug, thanks for the roost fest after we cleaned up. I hope your ESC still works! Now I need 4WD with paddles. :ror:

The highlight of the day was when I unloaded my stuff. I'd like to thank the lazy douchbag who tossed their nearly empty Diet Coke can into my cooler instead of walking 20 feet to the trash can. Just what I wanted to do, spend part of my afternoon cleaning out my cooler and all the rest of the drinks in it. :evil:

I expect an apology at the next comp.

I'd like to thank the lazy douchbag who tossed their nearly empty Diet Coke can into my cooler instead of walking 20 feet to the trash can. Just what I wanted to do, spend part of my afternoon cleaning out my cooler and all the rest of the drinks in it. :evil:

I expect an apology at the next comp.

Sorry :oops: I thought it was empty. :lmao:

Results just changed my mind about the comp... Doug won 1.9's and I tied with Chino in 2.2's, awesome day!! To see Tracy beat Slowluv with his old Venom was worth being cold and wet all morning. And Dave, don't worry about me, I had way more fun judging than if I set a rig down today!:ror:

When I say miserable I mean it in a good way :mrgreen:.
I still had alot of fun.
Dean and I had alot of fun roosting the paddle cars, sorry about the eye again.
I'm glad I don't drink diet coke.
Bob, those pics are classic!!
Dave, I didn't 50 on C3, I 40'ed with a broken front axle.
Way to go Tracy!

Miserable comp YES! I like the comp spot and can't wait for the next one here in better conditions. Amazed at the amount of people that showed up knowing the conditions and hats off to those who judged all day and helped out. Thanks to everyone! Bob I don't know what to say except sorry for lol while your scaler was being sucked into the ocean. I feel much better that u got it back. I guess u missed the tide tables posted earlier. Lol. See everyone soon at the next one.
Oh and great pics Bob!!!!

Last edited:
Back