• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

nissan_driver24 Axial Exo Terra Buggy Build

nissan_driver24

Rock Crawler
Just wanted to share you crawler buddies my Exo Terra Buggy for now.

Thanks to Scott from Axial here's What I got on Wednesday Last Week:

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

List of what's in this build:
- Axial Exo Terra Buggy Kit
- Tekin RX8 ESC
- Tekin Pro4 4000kv Brushless Motor
- Airtronics MT-4 with Telemetry (Motor Temp / Speed Sensor)
- Savox SC-1257tg Servo
- Vanquish Product Short Course Aluminum Wheels
- Proline Powerstroke Shocks
- LED Light Kit
- Castle Creation 10amp BEC

One week later it looks like this right now:
IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

It was pretty windy last night so no go yet on paint the exterior. Stay tuned for more pics.

Last edited:
Yuppers the start to VP parts on this thing... I hope VP will make parts for the Exo

Lucky dog! J/k...your Exo is looking fab! I'm sure they will make stuff for the Exo. I can't wait! ;-)

The inners glued?

We are running the same ESC/motor combo! Other guys are running a Castle ESC with the Pro4. You running 2s?

Last edited:
Lucky dog! J/k...your Exo is looking fab! I'm sure they will make stuff for the Exo. I can't wait! ;-)

Are the inners glued?

We are running the same ESC/motor combo! Other guys are running a Castle ESC with the Pro4. You running 2s?

:) They are sure pretty wheels, the inners are not glued there is a plastic sleave to hold the inner bead.

I'm not a Castle fan and the rx8 has been really good with me in my sc10 4x4 and Axial Wraith. I'm running my 2s hardcase batteries, I will try 3s when I'm ready to break it :)

:) They are sure pretty wheels, the inners are not glued there is a plastic sleave to hold the inner bead.

I'm not a Castle fan and the rx8 has been really good with me in my sc10 4x4 and Axial Wraith. I'm running my 2s hardcase batteries, I will try 3s when I'm ready to break it :)

Ahh gotcha!

I love the smooth power the RX8 and Pro4 provide on 2s...I think 3s would be killer on it. I already broke my rear control arm. Not too sure how. I will stick to 2s for now :twisted:

That is one bad lookin mama jama, Makes me want one. It's a shame you ran out of stainless screws for the hubs.

any idea when those wheels will be available, i didn't see em on their site? imma need me bout 3 sets of those...;-)

They are nice wheels but I won't run them since they are too nice, rare, and a bit heavy compared to stock wheels...

Looks amazing. This is exactly why I bought mine.

I'm a bit leary about actually running it though after watching youtube and reading so many horror stories. Maybe I will just mount it on the wall and admire it from a distance! ;-)

Nice. I'm a bit jealous.

Matt no reason to be Jealous... I havn't even ran it yet...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXES7q28ghU?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXES7q28ghU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Hope you guys like this lil video of the Exo :)

Back