• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New SSD Trail King Aluminum Offset Tubes

SSD

RCC Addict
aluminum%20offset%20front%20tubes%20main.jpg

aluminum%20offset%20front%20tubes%203.jpg

Trail King Aluminum Offset Front Axle Tubes

very cool, been waiting for some offset tubes. are these at all useable with the diff on the passenger (right) side? links would have to be in single shear, but are a decent pinion angle and caster even possible...?

EDIT: i see now why these can't be flipped, didn't realize the TK had three ribs holding the Cs to the tubes

Last edited:
very cool, been waiting for some offset tubes. are these at all useable with the diff on the passenger (right) side? links would have to be in single shear, but are a decent pinion angle and caster even possible...?

No you cant mirror these tubes. Would need new tubes. The issue with passenger side version is the panhard clearance on the pumpkin.

I might have to get another set of axles! Maybe offset Pro44's under the vs410 chassis kit.... hmmmmm...

Hey SSD, what exactly is the issue with mirrored? I have created my own passenger offset axles with a Pro44 centre with no issues that I can see?

Obviously all steering and panhard has to be flipped.

If it would work, would like to upgrade my printed tubes for more durability. Althought I haven't tested the durability of mine yet, aluminium would obviously be stronger.
dabb201c37ba99c66ed4f17b6b8faf35.jpg
c478aa3ac5c25c8eb3b5e3907bd81c58.jpg
1ce9eb6d7dc6a94324b6ae9ba4065fe1.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

@nedmo: You mirrored everything so you dont have the issue. I was talking about having the pumpkin on the passenger side on a Trail King/SCX10 II platform. Then the panhard bar clearance will be an issue.

You mirrored everything so you dont have the issue. I was talking about having the pumpkin on the passenger side on a Trail King/SCX10 II platform. Then the panhard bar clearance will be an issue.
Ok cool cool.

Thanks for releasing another amazing product that everyone else has ignored demand for!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

That would not be a cheap option: tubes, shafts and steering links.

It's already not cheap to do it. Beef Tubes offers narrowed SCX10II axles with beef tubes installed for $55 each and about $65 for front and rear shafts and the if you don't already have the rest of the parts you'll still have all that to buy it will cost over $300 and that's using just Axial factory guts.

I'm going to need a set of these for my upcoming Trail King build..

Are they enroute to GCM (for Canadian distrib) or should I just order from Amain/RPP? I'd like to have them in my hands early December..

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I was looking through the SSD-RC site and chanced upon this and the new DIamond Offset axles. Then it said, not compatible with the old scale transmission.

Why so? Is it about the gearing? or the placement of the upper link on the driver side?

I was under the impression that the old scale transmission would work for both the SSD D60 and the Pro44 axles.

I was looking through the SSD-RC site and chanced upon this and the new DIamond Offset axles. Then it said, not compatible with the old scale transmission.

Why so? Is it about the gearing? or the placement of the upper link on the driver side?

I was under the impression that the old scale transmission would work for both the SSD D60 and the Pro44 axles.

The offset SSD housings only work with the upper link on the short side of the axle. The old transmission requires the upper link to be mounted on the opposite side from the front driveshaft which would be the wrong side of the axle.

Back