• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New Rock Rey Build, New Forum Member!

Psychobroker

Hi folks - I posted in the Newbie thread, but really wanted to post here for any feedback/advice. I'm specifically looking for some solid but still lightweight beadlock wheels to pair with a set of Pro-line Hyrax (or similar that you can recommend?).

Greetings and salutations!

I've recently been roped back into RC, first finishing an original AE SC10 build I started 7 yrs ago, which got derailed by a couple of babies since then ;-). Now, those babies are 5 and 4, and having a blast with it since I finished it off to run with my brother in law.. newfound common childhood loves ftw "thumbsup".

I loved my original Kyosho Outlaw Ultima, which is why I went with the SC10 when I first came back to RC, but a 4x4 has always been on my wishlist... enter the $250 Losi Rock Rey kit! The price alone to me was crazy, but i loved the challenge in the build and very different capabilities and style. Of course, servicing is a pain, but i have that down to about 14 screws, so not too bad ;)

Rock%20Rey6.png

Rock%20Rey5.png

Rock%20Rey2.png

Rock%20Rey1.png

Rock%20Rey4.png

Mods/gear so far..
- Castle Mamba Monster X ESC + 1406-2850KV Brushless/Sensored Crawler combo
- $10 Castle link card (just arrived)
- RPM Castle Mamba X ESC Cage
- extra Tower Hobbies 2-ch receiver (had to mount atop the battery tray, unfortunately)
- $17,99 Amazon 20KG all-metal WP servo
- Vaterra Twin Hammers front diff locker (center diff)
- Incision SS Rear Upper Link Kit
- Hot Racing Aluminum Front Camber Link Mount
- Hot Racing front aluminum arms (not yet installed)
- TBR Body Fins (protect the lid!)
- old-school tire tape job
- installed deans plug; a little trimming and epoxy, and it should hold up
- AE Trophy Rat wheel/tire spare (just zip-tied for pics :mrgreen:)
- First time ever airbrush job :lmao:

near-term mods..
- TBR front & rear bumpers
- A couple of decent 5000mah 3s lipo packs
- Hot racing front sway bar kit

long-term mods..
- Beadlock wheels + Pro-Line Hyrax tires (or other lower profile tires more suitable for racing/bashing?)
- spare wheel/tire mount
- aluminum front bulkhead
- aluminum rear 3rd member
- SS lower rear links

feedback/suggestions? Thank you for looking!

Back