• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New England Monster Showdown - May 14-15 - Fort Wetherill, RI

The Nissan hotel, is great! It's no good, at, coffee!.....

It's got a hell of a view.. (Tho, it's been brighter on days)
d2d92b16859ab0c8b7731ce8996be29c.jpg
Did you stay in the park? I wasnt sure if they closed gates at night. Im planning on staying the night tomorrow and was just wondering.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

I'm officially done with work for the day and headed to RI just in time for the rain and no practice!!!!!!!

By "making breakfast", Curt meant "Emily is making Carl (Rockcruiser) and I breakfast". Lol. :twisted:

And they're off!!!

Can't wait to see everyone later!!

Attachments

• WIN_20160513_045936.JPG
    WIN_20160513_045936.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 368
Curt's not quite home yet, but great day today at Fort Wetherill. Congrats to Troy (Winnerone of course you won :roll:). It was so nice to see everyone...Purp, Troy who we only get to see a couple time each year. beautiful day for a big comp. Pics to be posted soon. Don't have a lot, but I'll post them soon. Thanks BC crawlers for the event!

That's a wrap on 2.2 Mod. Awesome day, awesome courses, awesome driving. Thanks to all our sponsors for our lunch giveaway, we are doing another round tomorrow, and for the $2750 we gave at to our top 8 drivers. Castle Creations, Holmes Hobbies, RCPcrawlers, RCBros, Purpmart, Lattice Innovations, and all our other sponsors. We took ten drivers into the finals course and the results are as follows.

8th - Dan Ross - ( -2 on the day) $50 prize
7th - Dan Piepul - ( -10 on the day) $100 prize
6th - Bob Briere - ( -44 on the day) $150 prize
5th - Barry Sobol - ( -47 on the day) $200 prize
4th - Bob Ferreira - ( -52 on the day) $250 prize
3rd - Brian Doughty - ( -62 on the day) $400 prize
2nd - Jake Wright - ( -64 on the day) $600 prize
1st - Troy Winner - ( -79 on the day) $1000 prize

Was such a blast, next year??? Like if you had fun :p

Ishould be able to get some pics posted tmrw from today's event but mostly 1.9 scale as that's what I ran in. Thanks for the fun a nd welcoming in a new crawler trying to learn. Thanks for all the help and useful info for setups especially Joe. If anyone in the RI MA area is getting in together for a crawl let me know!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

As I sit here applying mass amounts of aloe to my sunburned melon I just wanted to give a huge shout out to BC Brian!!! What an awesome and well executed comp!!! It was great to meet a lot of the faces that go with the RCC names. It was great to comp with some new friends from Norway as well, they came a long way to comp in RI! Can't wait until NENC now to see everyone again!!!

Last edited:
As I sit here applying mass amounts of aloe to my sunburned melon I just wanted to give a huge shout out to BC Brian!!! What an awesome and well executed comp!!! It was great to meet a lot of the faces that go with the RCC names. It was great to comp with some new friends from Norway as well, they came a long way to comp in RI! Can't wait until NENC now to see everyone again!!!

Where you going for lobster or fried this weekend in the tanning department :lmao:

Where you going for lobster or fried this weekend in the tanning department :lmao:

I just decided to skip lobster and fried and go straight to fire engine red!!!!!! Mission accomplished!:shock:

Huge thanks to all the sponsors who stepped up in a huge way. To Brian, the BC crew and everyone that participated and judged. You all made it run so smoothly and made it a ton of fun. Courses were on point and a blast to run. Glad to catch up with old friends and meet many more new faces. Hope to see a bunch of you in July in PA.

John

Back