• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New EAAYRC Patrion 1/18 - RocHobby Katana "in cheap"?

Is the v2 Katana basically the same as the Patrion? I see it has the same axles and chassis. I wonder if it has the metal diff gears or the plastic ones too.

I don't like the changes with the V2. Months ago I picked the Katana over the Patrion (and spent more $$$) mainly to get away from the massive differential under there. Now it looks like V2 is just made by the same folks who make the Patrion.

I don't like the changes with the V2. Months ago I picked the Katana over the Patrion (and spent more $$$) mainly to get away from the massive differential under there. Now it looks like V2 is just made by the same folks who make the Patrion.

Yeah, I picked up the Katana last year, but haven't run it yet. I saw the v2 which I like the color of better, but noticed that it's running the bigger axles and different chassis.

I'll probably pick up an extra body set to paint.

After a long time this seem to be the very first metal upgrade (oil?) shocks for those 1/18 Models by FMS, RocHobby, EazyRC, Hobby Plus (but the expensive red Hobby Plus metal upgrade shocks):

After a long time this seem to be the very first metal upgrade (oil?) shocks for those 1/18 Models by FMS, RocHobby, EazyRC, Hobby Plus (but the expensive red Hobby Plus metal upgrade shocks):

Is there some new shock upgrade available? 🤔

#spammuch

Nice! Keep us updated once you’ve installed them and maybe make another nice video of the build.

Is there some new shock upgrade available? 🤔

#spammuch

Donaldsneffe is nothing if not a helpful fellow. No one else seems to be doing such in-depth reviews (autopsies?) of these RC vehicles
and showing us new parts releases. He is directly responsible for thinning my wallet! :mrgreen::flipoff:

The Youtubers who get a freebie product to review never take it apart but only show some closeup video of the body then treat us to a boring run video (wheee! :roll:).

Seconded on the new shock review.

Back